Progress your engineering career in one of the key roles within Allianz Engineering, Construction, & Power. Our Engineer Surveyors are at the forefront of our business, visiting client sites to carry out inspections and assess a wide range of plant, equipment, and installations.
As a newly recruited Engineer Surveyor at Allianz Engineering, Construction & Power, you would automatically be enrolled onto our unrivalled induction training programme.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer with a good knowledge of the Lift and Crane discipline to join Allianz Engineering, a division of one of the largest insurers and financial services companies in the world.
We have opportunities across the following locations:
- Burton On Trent
- Battersea & Chelsea
- London & Home Counties
- West London & Hampstead
- Milton Keynes
- Hemel Hempstead
- Greater Belfast area and covering into the Rep of Ireland
- Northern Ireland covering into the Rep of Ireland
- West Wales (M4 Corridor)
- South Wales (M4 Corridor)
As an Engineer Surveyor you will assess a wide range of installations, you will anticipate our client's needs and help them in ensuring that they comply with the relevant legislation. You will work closely with your Engineer Surveyor Team managed by one of our Senior Operations Team Leaders. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients.
This role forms an integral part of our business, as you carry out hands-on inspections of various items of plant and equipment such as lifts, material handling equipment, cranes, and construction plant. The Engineer Surveyor role can be physically demanding and may require working at height, working in confined spaces, lifting, and climbing in both hot and cold conditions. It involves exposure to noise and dust, so you need to be happy being in a hands-on environment.
The role requires the successful applicant to be:
- Up to date on your knowledge and understanding of all relevant compliance and regulatory rules and procedures that relate to the Lift and Crane discipline.
- Making well informed decisions, and willing to take responsibility.
- Being effective at short, medium and long-term planning, in order to diarise meetings, visits and work allocation.
- Being able to travel effectively within your local allocated work area.
- Processing documentation, as well as undertaking general administration in a timely manner.
- Willingness to support and deputise for fellow Engineer Surveyors (of own discipline) as and when required.
Skills & Experience:
- You will need to be passionate about engineering, self-driven with the ability to interact with a variety of clients daily
- A background in working with lifts, cranes, materials handling equipment, with hands on experience of working in a role such as manufacturing / repair / maintenance.
- Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
- Incorporated Engineer (desirable)
- A holder of a full valid UK driving licence
- Time management skills are essential as you will be required to self-sufficiently organise your week's work in an effective manner
- As tablets and smartphones are crucial tools for an Engineer Surveyor, you will need to be comfortable using these as part of your working day
- Successful candidates are required to hold, or be working towards, a minimum qualification in Mechanical Engineering at level 4 i.e. HND/HNC/Full Technological Certificate.
What we will offer you:
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from - including retail discounts and insurance cover so you can pick a package that is perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options and career development opportunities across the wider Allianz Group.
At point of application please ensure you select the visibility of you profile to ‘ All recruiters worldwide /
Allianz recruiters in my country’.
Want to find out more about Allianz Engineer Surveyor role? Check out our dedicated Engineer Surveyor candidate page: Allianz Careers
At Allianz we're proud to be a partner to the Women's Engineering Society (WES) and a recognised employer for the Ministry of Defence’s Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS). Supporting people from the armed forces community as they transition into the civilian workforce.
We do not accept speculative CVs; please ensure you live within a one-hour commute to your selected location listed. You will need to confirm your place of residence and commute time when submitting your application. Please note that the list of locations is updated when we have a new opening. If we don’t have your place of residence listed, don’t miss out. Why not create your individual account in our recruitment system to make full use of all functionalities: save jobs you are interested in, manage your applications, set up job alerts, and get recommended jobs based on your preferences, you will find this tool on our careers page.
Allianz is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality, and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, and long-term health conditions.
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.