Jobs Reference Number: 315185
Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
We are currently recruiting a London Market Claims Adjuster who will be responsible for handling a portfolio of both Marine and Energy claims from notification to settlement. London Markets are looking for a Claims Adjuster to join our fast paced and innovative Energy Team based in Leeds.
Adjusters are responsible for managing a portfolio of all types of Marine/Energy losses from first notification to settlement.
If you are looking for an excellent opportunity in a role that empowers individuals and provides and encourages technical and personal development, then we would love to hear from you!
Your new role
- Maintain efficient handling of your own caseload to ensure the prompt, timely and effective handling of Claims
- Maintaining claim files to meet FCA, PRA and GDPR regulations
- Foster good relationships with policyholders, brokers, underwriters, reinsurers and drive excellent customer service
- Ensure that there is prompt and accurate reserving, identifying, and pursuing relevant third-party recoveries and seeking to reduce claims leakage.
- The ability to prioritise where necessary and identifying deadlines
- General claims administrative duties such as electronic file management filing and payment requests to ensure accurate and timely update of the company’s systems
- Identify and investigate coverage issues to ensure that the company’s liability is in line with its contractual commitments
- Respond to internal and external stakeholder requests in accordance with service standards
- Flag complaints as required and Treat Customers Fairly
- Reserve accurately to ensure that the Company’s liability is always clear
- Ability to structure your day to prioritise required tasks and responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use MS office applications
- Ability to navigate multiple systems throughout a claims journey
- Strong investigative skills
- Negotiation skills
- Relationship Management skills
Why QBE? At My Best
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that’s why we have created “At My Best”. It’s our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It’s in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation.
Some of the award’s QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include;
Employer of the Year 2022 Winner – Insurance Insider
British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response
Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent
Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers.
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world’s leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor’s A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE’s gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website.
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.