Job Reference: 306711
Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
To assist with the placement, management and operation of the QBE Group and associated captives’ reinsurance programs, including the advice of large losses and processing of reinsurance collections, premiums and premium adjustments. Coordinates and collects information for management use, and incorporation into the Group reinsurance submission. To assist with the Group large loss reporting process. Help establish best practices across all divisions with regards to reinsurance renewals information, wordings, recoveries and premium payments.Primary Responsibilities
• Contributes to the ceded reinsurance team plans to ensure these are delivered on time.
•Influences stakeholders in order to execute Group strategy.
•Determines own work priorities and activities in line with agreed plans to ensure the achievement of personal and team objectives.
•Leading projects across the Group
•Conform to all agreed and active standards and procedures in order to ensure consistency across all tasks undertaken
•Update and modify existing policies in order to drive efficiency in executing operational objectives
•Enter reinsurance agreements on internal Reinsurance systems and liaise with Outwards Credit Control Team to ensure premiums are paid to reinsurers.
•Maximize the process in place within the Underwriting Divisions in order to ensure timely and accurate data being captured.
•Engage with internal departments and recommended and advise upon system solutions.
•Provide Admin support to the Group Ceded Reinsurance Manager in all aspect of reinsurance procedures.
•Produce and maintain procedure guidelines for Ceded/Outwards reinsurance.
•Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, specifically Reinsurers, Brokers, and Divisional Ceded Reinsurance Teams.
•Ensure that high standards of service are maintained and improved upon.
•Prepare reinsurance analysis reports and financial illustrations for management review
•Prepare Group Reinsurance placement documentation as instructed by the Authorized Reinsurance Purchaser.
•Work with external brokers to draft wordings for Group reinsurance placements, for approval by Group Ceded Reinsurance Manager.
•Prepare recoveries advices in accordance with reinsurance agreement terms and conditions.
•Deal with broker/reinsurer requests for information and/or queries to ensure timely information is given/received
•Assist with capturing reinsurance agreements on reinsurance systems to ensure that all correct details are logged
•Preparation of data for and liaison with internal management, Equator Re and credit control teams to ensure accurate data is collated.
•Monitor and review data received from the Underwriting divisions/Divisional Ceded Reinsurance teams for accuracy and reporting exceptions
•Undertake ad-hoc technical reviews and propose solutions in order to identify issues and opportunities and present findings accordingly
•Mentors and manages junior team members
• A high level of numeracy and literacy
•Strong organizational and analytical skills
•Ability to prioritize work to demanding deadlines
•Good interpersonal and communication skills
•Ability to analyze data and use for decision-making
•Advanced Excel and Word
•Ability to identify and solve problems
•Good negotiating skills
• Proven experience of working in reinsurance and or insurance (desirable)
•Significant reinsurance experience and understanding of reinsurance contracts, and reinsurance processes.
• Broad knowledge of business processes
•Broad knowledge of reinsurance business
•Good knowledge of QBE processes and procedures
QBE Cultural DNA
• Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) – because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-focused-We are technical experts-We are inclusive-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only - Disclaimer
• To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
• The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee’s normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.