Catastrophe Risk Manager – Reporting
The Catastrophe Risk Centre of Excellence (COE) focus on the identification, quantification and control of risks from natural and non-natural sources. Furthermore, the COE works to provide central risk oversight and define aggregation limits for the division and cascade them down to the appropriate business units.
Our team responsibilities include:
- Risk capacity budgeting and allocations.
- Interpretation of risk modelling and risk evaluation.
- Delivering portfolio, segment and divisional risk aggregations and risk reporting.
- Facilitating reviews of portfolio PML’s, risk drivers & concentrations.
You will be working in a global team responsible for the risk management across the AXA XL division supporting Legal entity reporting, various stakeholders across the wider organisation, management of the internal modelling best practices, as well as assisting in regulatory requests.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage the reporting of Catastrophe (Cat) risk – both Natural Catastrophe (Nat Cat) and Non-Nat Cat – for AXA XL.
This role’s key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the development of the DFA model used for netting down Cat risk for AXA XL.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the risk appetite framework for Cat risk within AXA XL and ensure reporting and monitoring against risk appetites is performed.
- Ensure delivery of quarterly reporting of Cat risk for AXA XL and it’s legal entities with value-add insight into AXA XL’s evolving portfolio.
- Lead the risk budget exercise for future year Cat exposure management.
- Perform analysis of the Nat Cat ceded program to assist the Ceded Reinsurance team in optimising the structure for the planned risk profile.
- Participate in event response activities, by helping to develop loss estimates against our insured portfolio.
- Ensure delivery of certain regulatory requirements for Cat risk, including model analysis and exposure reporting for established regulatory returns as well as ad-hoc requests.
- Liaise with AXA Group to ensure that all AXA Group requirements are met.
- Present to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Develop relationships within and outside the Group to improve our understanding of Cat risk.
- Help to reinforce a culture of Cat risk awareness throughout the organisation.
You will report to Head of Reporting, Casualty and Cyber Risk Management.
We’re looking for someone with experience in a Catastrophe Risk Exposure Management role or similar.
Desirable abilities and skills include:
- Experience using DFA tools
- Experience using Catastrophe vendor models
- Understanding and experience completing Cat risk regulatory returns
- Understanding of reinsurance structuring
- Some managerial experience is desirable
- Comfortable with statistics and probability theory
- Knowledge of commercial lines insurance products and the insurance industry, including regulatory framework
- Understanding of business operations, particularly regarding navigating a large corporation or identifying key stakeholders and their needs
- An ability to extract insight out of data – but also through discussions with experts
- You must be driven and able to work on your own when needed
- Ability to collaborate with audiences with a wide range of technical knowledge and at different levels on an organisational hierarchy
- A self-motivated problem solver with a strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- A highly organized individual with a proven track of working under time pressure
- Team player with a proven ability to partner with business partners and manage key relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with and present to senior leaders