The Natural and Man-Made Perils Risk Centre of Excellence (COE) focus on the identification, quantification and control of catastrophes such as tropical cyclones, floods, earthquakes and terrorism. Furthermore, the COE work to provide central risk oversight and define aggregation limits for the division and cascade them down to the appropriate business units.
Our team responsibilities include:
- Risk capacity budgeting and allocations
- Interpretation of risk modelling and risk evaluation
- Delivering portfolio, segment and divisional risk aggregations and risk reporting
- Facilitating reviews of portfolio PML’s, risk drivers & concentrations
You will be working in a global team responsible for the risk management across the AXA XL division supporting Legal entity reporting, various stakeholders across the wider organisation, management of the internal modelling best practices, as well as assisting in regulatory requests.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Responsible for monitoring AXA XL exposures against agreed perils & scenarios using catastrophe models and aggregation software.
- Create resources, presentations and communication material for colleagues, management, and leadership on risk management topics.
- Become the subject matter expert for terrorism pools and keep abreast of any changes and the impact to AXA XL.
- Proactively share knowledge in catastrophe related areas, creating learning experiences and fostering collaboration within the unit and the company.
- Support the delivery of external returns related to non-natural catastrophe exposure management from regulators in various jurisdictions, including Lloyd’s, PRA, CBI and the BMA.
- Assist with the reporting of catastrophe risk to legal entity boards and risk committees, helping to provide meaningful insight into the risks exposed.
- Support credit & country risk, actuarial, ceded re, and capital modelling teams by providing data for submissions as well as other ad hoc requests.
You will report to the Head of Marine and Specialty Catastrophe Risk.
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
Required Skills and Abilities:
- A degree in a quantitative field or relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in Insurance with an understanding of risk modelling, underwriting and reinsurance concepts would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of catastrophe modelling software (Natural Catastrophe and / or Non-Natural Catastrophe).
- Good understanding of terrorism exposure management across multiple exposure classes.
- A results focused mentality combined with the ability to work independently. Demonstrated experience of creative problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to translate complex, technical topics and interact with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and reporting initiatives focused on enhancing data quality, processes and reporting capabilities.
- It would be beneficial to have knowledge and experience of using the following software/platforms:
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Power BI