Job Reference Number: 107976
Location: We’re flexible! You can be based in our Swindon or Whiteley office (Hybrid working available)
Salary: up to £60,000 depending on experience
Closing date for applications: 6th November 2023
An opportunity to join the UK IT and Operations team, reporting to the UK IT Risk & Controls Manager, where you will collaborate with the management team, bursting with ideas on how to move our UK business forward.
You will be asked to drive change and improve on a set of already well-established IT Controls and Risk Management Framework to allow senior IT management, business functions and 3rd party service providers to demonstrate they are managing and safeguarding company assets, data, and operations. Your ideas will be heard.
You will work alongside local and regional Group IT functions, Service Providers (through internal and external suppliers), and business functions to ensure that Zurich is proactive in the management of IT Operational Risk.
The role is varied, interesting, and there are genuine opportunities to get stuck in and make a difference
You will gather data and collate, aggregate, and interpret the information to provide Business Executives and other interested parties with an assessment of the UK IT Risk and Controls landscape. You will also manage multiple demands for IT risk-related information within Zurich, ensuring all reporting commitments are met.
Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
What will you be doing?
- Carry out control assurance for IT Service providers.
- Facilitate and participate in regular IT risk assessment initiatives.
- Maintain local IT oversight documents such as IT Supplier risk registers.
- Operate IT risk and control frameworks that serve as a basis for regulatory compliance, internal control processes and management of IT risk.
- Ensure compliance with IT-related policies and regulatory requirements; develop plan to remediate compliance gaps.
- Maintain a strong network with major partners across IT and Zurich
- Develop key risk and performance indicators from metrics and incident history.
- Provide regional support and co-ordination for audit and other assurance processes.
What are we looking for?
- You'll ideally have solid experience as an lT Risk Specialist and have a good understanding of common information security management frameworks, such as NIST CSP and International Standards Organization (ISO) 27k.
- Good knowledge of Risk and Control management standards and disciplines such as COSO and COBIT.
- You'll have great communication skills, being able to take part in meetings and provide expert advice, as well as knowing when to listen and when to question.
- It would be great if you have a good understanding of the UK Financial Services Regulatory environment, and an understanding of IT Supplier contracts would be a real bonus.
- We're not too focussed on what your background is, but you might be from Business Continuity or Risk Management, both of which would work well for this role.
- A Risk Management qualification (CIRM, CRISC) would be an advantage as would a Professional Security Qualification (CISA, CISM, CISSP) but this is not essential.
Who we are:
At Zurich we aspire to be one of the most responsible and impactful businesses in the world and the best global insurer. Together we’re creating a brighter future for our customers, our people and our planet.
With over 55,000 employees in more than 170 countries, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company who are a long-standing player in the insurance industry.
We’ve made a promise to each other and every employee; to focus on sustainable impact, to care about each other’s wellbeing, to use our diverse expertise to be curious and optimistic and to develop the skills needed for our future.
If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. Be part of something great.
At Zurich, our sense of community is strong and we’re particularly passionate about diversity and inclusion, which we’ve won numerous awards for. We want our people to bring the whole of themselves to work and ensure everybody is made to feel welcome, regardless of their background, beliefs or culture. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our customers, and so are committed to treating all of our applicants fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background, disability or any other protected characteristic.
We’ve an environment that places a real importance on our people’s wellbeing from a physical, mental, social and financial perspective. We work with our wellbeing partners and industry experts to provide the best advice and access to a wealth of lifestyle support. We’re also committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
We’re passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity. Our charitable arm, Zurich Community Trust, is one of the longest-established corporate trusts in the UK. In that time, we’ve awarded grants and volunteered time to deserving causes in the UK valued at over £90 million.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us. #LI-Hybrid