Lloyd’s is the world’s leading insurance andreinsurance marketplace. We share the collective intelligence and risk sharing expertise of the market’s brightest minds, working together for a braver world.
Our role is to inspire courage, so tomorrow’s progress isn’t limited by today’s risks.
Our shared values: we are brave; we are stronger together; we do the right thing; guide what we do and how we act. If you share our values and our passion to build a future that’s more sustainable, resilient and inclusive, you’ll find a home at Lloyd’s – build a braver future with us.
The role holder is responsible for the support and implementation of Lloyd’s Commercial Strategy across the Western Region working with other Country Managers in their respective roles and accountabilities in a manner that achieves Lloyd’s operational, financial and regulatory requirements and targets both for LIC and the wider Corporation.
• Support Western Country Managers to successfully deliver Lloyd’s commercial strategy across the region focused on unlocking new distribution and attracting new capital.
• Build and maintain key commercial relationships across the region with key stakeholders – including brokers, customers (incl. cedents), MGAs, managing agents, market associations, and local / regional regulators and government bodies.
• Support the implementation for LIC’s and Lloyd’s expansion across WE.
• Monitor and analyse market trends, competition and customer needs, to inform the adaptation of the strategy to local market context.
• Support the RM in the management of high level stakeholders across multiple and complex markets with particular attention to key industry and market associations (e.g. AIRMIC, LMA, LIBA and BIBA in the UK markets)
• Support the RM in the delivery of complex strategies across multiple jurisdiction effectively and efficiently
• Collaborate with diverse functions across LIC and the Corporation of Lloyd’s. incl. market development, strategy and innovation, performance management, operations, risk and finance teams to design and support in the delivery of regional propositions that meet customer requirements
• In collaboration with the Marketing & Communications function and the WE promote and support the Lloyd’s Europe and wider Lloyd’s brand and value proposition through;
o Communications and events activities tailored to the needs of the WE region
• Sales and business development skills enabling the role-holder to consistently identify win-win areas that align the interests of multiple stakeholders and influence positive action in support of Lloyd’s objectives
• Natural curiosity and drive to stay on top of development from a political, economic, technological, societal or legal standpoint that will impact Lloyd’s ability to deliver its commercial strategy for the WE region
• Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with clients, brokers, carriers and other relevant members of the Lloyd’s ecosystem.
• Strong business acumen, with the ability to develop and execute successful strategies across multiple jurisdictions and markets.
• Ability to effectively work in and develop multi-cultural teams
• Strong analytical, strategic thinking and decision making skills
• Fluent English and French language skills
• Lloyd’s market structure, operations, financial and governance structure as well as the routes into Lloyd’s for both new risk and capital
• Local market dynamics and competitive positioning of key distributors, carriers and capital providers across the WE regions and the broader European market
• Awareness of effective marketing and communication strategies
• Awareness of the threats and opportunities presented by digitisation, business model innovation, emerging risks, capital market and sustainability drivers
• UK & European insurance markets, associated national regulators and a good working knowledge of local market threats and opportunities
• Past experience in business development, strategy, management consulting, underwriting, (re)insurance or related market roles – with a thorough understanding of global (re)insurance value chains, customers, distributors, global distribution practices as well as product development and market dynamics
• Track record of consistent delivery against stated objectives in the European markets.
Diversity and inclusion are a focus for us – Lloyd’s aim is to build a diverse, inclusive environment that reflects the global markets we work in. One where everyone is treated with dignity and respect to achieve their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making workplace adjustments, we offer regular health and wellbeing programmes, diversity and inclusion training, employee networks, mentoring and volunteering opportunities as well as investment into your professional development. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our website.
By choosing Lloyd's, you'll be part of a team that brings together the best minds in the industry, and together with our underwriters and brokers, we create innovative, responsive solutions allowing us to share risk and solve complex problems.
Should you require any additional support with your application, or any adjustments, please click the following link;
Please note, clicking on this link does not register your application for the vacancy