Lloyd’s is the world’s leading insurance andreinsurance marketplace. We share the collective intelligence and risk sharing expertise of the market’s brightest minds, working together for a braver world.
Our role is to inspire courage, so tomorrow’s progress isn’t limited by today’s risks.
Our shared values: we are brave; we are stronger together; we do the right thing; guide what we do and how we act. If you share our values and our passion to build a future that’s more sustainable, resilient and inclusive, you’ll find a home at Lloyd’s – build a braver future with us.
Exciting Opportunity to take on a unique market facing opportunity. Engaging with senior stakeholders both internally and externally, acting as Lloyd’s key representative to analyse and assess managing agent and syndicate capabilities by conducting robust reviews, providing expert advice and thought leadership around best practice.
Meet with C-Suite and senior leadership of the syndicates as required to confirm they are meeting the Lloyd’s principles of doing business. This is in relation to both current business and new entrants to the market.
You will need to:
You will need to:
- Contribute to an open and transparent culture of risk management and demonstrate a strong awareness of the risks that should be managed within the responsibilities of the role
- Display the requisite confidence and expertise to instruct senior executives at Managing Agents on required remedial actions.
Duties will include:
- Analysis and assessment of the capabilities of Managing Agents and new entrants to ensure that they meet or exceed the expected level of maturity under the Principles for doing business at Lloyd’s.
- Technical subject matter expert to ensure that robust reviews provide accurate/expert advice and instruction is given directly to senior stakeholders/CEO’s/ Board members and decision makers of Managing Agents on best practice performance as well as their performance against peers.
- Ensure deep technical understanding of all the management information available - both internally and externally - relating specifically to each managing agent to ensure thorough and accurate reviews are executed and reported on. Accountable for the efficient use of Lloyd’s and Managing Agents time and resources.
- When determining review ratings, ensure that the interpretation and application of the Principles framework is consistent with Lloyd’s approach to all Managing Agents across the Market.
- Responsibility to ensure that the delivery of commercially sensitive messaging is communicated effectively to the appropriate stakeholders, in a professional and confident manner. Work with the Managing Agent to advise and agree on the most appropriate corrective action plans to satisfactory resolution.
- Act as Lloyd’s key representative at Board Meetings of the Managing Agent (or meet with the CEO / Chairman) to ensure that they are clear on all the gaps and weaknesses arising from reviews and to hold them accountable as to Lloyd’s expectations of the Managing Agent’s delegated actions.
- Be the Lead contact with the Market Development team with regards to agents going through the ‘Making it Happen’ process.
- Provide specialist review knowledge, training, best practice, research, insight and innovation to oversight teams, incorporating input from Managing Agents, Regulators and Professional Audit organisations, to ensure reviews deliver the intended outcomes and benefits.
- Responsible for Peer review of drafts and final reports before reviews are issued to Managing Agents, ensuring consistency of approach and quality of output. Ensure that evidence submitted by agents and all review related documentation is stored in a central document repository.
- Accountable for the continuous improvement and re-evaluation of the review process (content & approach) to ensure continued effectiveness and value of Lloyd’s reviews, simplifying process flow but ensuring a high quality levels of assurance.
- Liaise with other subject matter teams to keep up to date on market developments and share news and insights about challenges and findings
This certainly offers a review and assurance focused individual an influential market wide challenge.
Diversity and inclusion are a focus for us – Lloyd’s aim is to build a diverse, inclusive environment that reflects the global markets we work in. One where everyone is treated with dignity and respect to achieve their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making workplace adjustments, we offer regular health and wellbeing programmes, diversity and inclusion training, employee networks, mentoring and volunteering opportunities as well as investment into your professional development. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our website.
We understand that our work/life balance is important to us all and that a hybrid of working from the office and home can offer a great level of flexibility. Flexible working forms part of a total reward approach which offers a host of other benefits over and above the standard offering (generous pension, healthcare, wellbeing etc). These include financial support for training, education & development, a benefit allowance (to spend on our flexible benefits such as gym membership, dental insurance, extra holiday or to partake in our cycle to work scheme), employee recognition scheme and various employee discount schemes.
By choosing Lloyd's, you'll be part of a team that brings together the best minds in the industry, and together with our underwriters and brokers, we create innovative, responsive solutions allowing us to share risk and solve complex problems.
Should you require any additional support with your application, or any adjustments, please click the following link;
Please note, clicking on this link does not register your application for the vacancy