Gallagher’s Chichester Office are seeking an experienced Account Handler to join their established and growing corporate team based in the heart of the city centre.
As Account Handler, you'll be required to provide a quality service to our clients, acquire optimal retention numbers and push for growth where appropriate.
This role sits within Gallagher's Retail Broking Division, who provide carefully tailored business insurance, risk management and risk transfer solutions for large enterprises and multinationals. Reporting directly in to the Commercial Broking Manager, you will work with experienced Account Executives, and together provide outstanding service to our customers.
What you can expect:
- You will be responsible for creating documents for new customers, along with any mid-term adjustments and renewals information too.
- Ensure all customer details are recorded accurately and entered on to the system in a timely fashion to ensure data integrity.
- Obtain renewal terms for customers, always ensuring you've explored other options before providing the best available solution.
- Prepare renewal closings from meeting minutes and ensure cover is bound by renewal date.
- Manage insurer and customer queries about their policies. Confirm cover with relevant insurers, process policies and chase up outstanding documentation when required.
- Deal with account queries and credit control matters highlighting any concerns.
- Apply fundamental legal and regulatory policy in relation to internal policies and the insurance contract as required.
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience working as an Account Handler within the commercial insurance market is essential.
- Knowledge of lines of business such as Property, Casualty, Professional Indemnity, D&O, Motor Trade/Fleet.
- Prior experience handling corporate clients would be an advantage however we would also be interested in experience handling SME commercial business.
- Risk aware in handling customer information, 100% customer centric, focussed on the best possible outcome for our customers at all times.
- Holding or working towards one of the Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications, Cert CII, Dip CII or ACII would be an advantage. Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, with an intermediate knowledge of the commercial insurance industry
- Due diligence and process driven to deadlines, task focused, results oriented and takes initiative when assisting team members.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, confident when building and maintaining rapport, strong planning and analytical skills with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS office, and Acturis experience would be advantageous.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
What we offer you:
We want Gallagher to be the organisation that all our people are proud to be a part of and where everyone can call themselves one of our team. Where our culture is embracing of difference, where you can be the best and, perhaps most importantly, be yourself.
We are all different in some way. If we were all the same, and all thought the same, we would be vulnerable as a group. By welcoming and encouraging diverse opinions and backgrounds within our organisation, we will have a healthier, more innovative and ultimately more profitable business.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we’d love to hear from you. If you require flexibility for a role you are applying for, give us a call to chat through the options.
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture motivated by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
As a member of our global brokerage team, you’ll help our clients address risk, protect assets and recover from losses.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. Gallagher is committed to diversity of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.