Job Reference: R_230463
Sales professionals are responsible for turning prospects into clients by successfully closing business deals. Sales professionals sell Marsh & McLennan’s products and services by identifying prospective clients, creating sales strategies, growing client relationships, developing proposals and negotiating sales contracts.
This sales role is located within the Trade Credit team, which is part of the Credit Specialities department. In Credit Specialties our goal is simple we enable growth and enhance returns by facilitating sales, replacing collateral, securing finance and releasing capital. This development role is a pivotal part of the overall department strategy.
What can you expect?
- To be accountable for the generation of new business across all segments and markets within your defined region
- A fully independent role, with the ability to work your way to achieve the goals set out at the beginning of the year
- The ability to be part of a forward thinking organisation and department where new business is front and centre
- A full and complete training programme. Enabling you to learn about the solutions, know what the various product types are and how they benefit clients. This training is purposefully designed to enable you to succeed
What will you be rewarded with?
- We offer and embrace a hybrid working model that nurtures a collaborative working environment in the office 3 days per week allowing 2 days per week to be spent working on a remote basis.
- Competitive Benefits Package including: 27 days annual leave, up to 4 days flexible bank holidays, excellent pension contributions, private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, employee assistance program, plus a range of flexible benefits including the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year, cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments plus many more.
- Generous Family Leave including: 6 months paid maternity leave, 4 months paid paternity leave, 6 months paid adoption leave plus shared parental leave options. To help ease the transition when you return to work you will be able to work 8 weeks at 80% of your normal work pattern and receive 100% of your normal salary.
We will rely on you to:
- Create a personal annual sales plan
- Find new and innovative ways of meeting the demands and needs of customers
- Liaise with clients and accounts to identify opportunities for cross-op Co selling so as to deliver the firm to address business needs
- Contributes to the sales team by meeting deadlines and goals
- Build an internal brand with colleagues across a wide range of areas within Marsh
- Travel to meet with potential clients when required
- Contribute to the team atmosphere
- Propose new and innovative ideas for solution promotion
- Utilise the marketing materials provided
- Utilise the events done throughout the year by the Credit Specialties department
- Attends any external networking events (conventions etc.) that are relevant to your target markets
- Work in collaboration with your other sales colleagues to share best practice
What you need to have:
- Previous sales experience is preferred
- Demonstrable experience dealing with challenging situations and individuals
- Excellent communication, negotiating, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
What makes you stand out:
- A driven personality
- A proven success of winning new business
- An ability to self-motivate and work independently
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and be able to work flexibly when required
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing reasonable support to any candidate with a disability/health condition to allow them to fully participate in the recruitment process. We welcome candidates to contact us at TAUK@mmc.com to discuss any specific needs.