Job Reference: R_219947
About the team
The Transaction Advisory (TA) team is part of Marsh’s global Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions (PEMA) Practice. The TA team draws from Marsh’s in-depth global knowledge to deliver specialist services to the private equity, corporate, infrastructure, and alternative asset management industries. We work with clients during the lifecycle of an investment, advising on risk and insurance matters at acquisition; during the hold phase; and at exit. Our global PEMA practice consists of more than 220 professionals based worldwide
The UK&I TA team has been established for over twenty years and is one of the leading insurance and risk advisory teams in the market. Our colleagues together have several decades’ experience in both the insurance and M&A industries, and enjoy sharing their knowledge with new joiners. Given that our London-based private capital client community routinely invest in European / global companies, you can expect to regularly interact with our established network of colleagues across the world. This global network is consistently recognised by our clients as a key strength.
The TA project manager role involves coordinating input from various specialists across the Marsh business and presenting these findings in a coherent way to exacting investor clients. Given that the majority of our interactions are with C-suite individuals or board members, you will quickly learn polished communication and presentation skills which are invaluable to any role. Additionally, the broad knowledge you will build (and relationships you will form) through your interaction with other teams in the Marsh (and wider Marsh McLennan) business provides ample opportunity to learn about other Marsh McLennan businesses and grow your career. Finally, with our clients raising ever-larger funds which need to be invested, the TA team remains on a strong growth trajectory which presents opportunities within the TA team itself.
What can you expect?
- You will be providing insurance advice to investor clients. The team works with Private Equity, Infrastructure and Corporate clients throughout the lifecycle of their investments, advising on risk and insurance matters and solutions
- The team provides pre-acquisition (and pre-divestment) insurance due diligence services. They advise investor clients on the insurance and risk profile of the companies the clients are seeking to acquire (or divest). The team also acts as an introducer for other Marsh services, such as cyber advisory
- You will have management of due diligence projects (often several at a time)
- You will be operating in a diverse, client facing position where a mixture of technical insurance, excellent communication and organisation skills will be required
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a fast moving, fast growing successful operation within Marsh
- A team that strives to deliver best practice, market-leading service and solutions with a focus on client service excellence
- Excellent training and development with ongoing career opportunities
- A creative, commercially focused role
- Comprehensive benefits programs including: excellent pension contributions, private health insurance, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs
We will count on you to:
- Understand deal-specific requirements of investor clients, including the nature of target businesses
- Check confidentiality agreements (with support from the Legal team, where required)
- Negotiate commercial terms of engagement and issue engagement documentation
- Assess the robustness of target company insurance programmes and associated costs
- Draw on the knowledge of colleagues across Marsh to support this assessment
- Deliver findings to clients in a formal report format, typically supplemented by calls and/or meetings
- Build strong working relationships with investor clients to support business growth
- Identify opportunities to offer other Marsh McLennan services which would be valuable to clients
What you need to have:
- Strong technical insurance experience, gained working for an insurer or insurance broker
- A strong understanding of Property & Casualty, Liability and Financial Lines insurance programmes would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of global insurance programmes (or working with global clients) would be highly beneficial
- Prior experience of providing advisory services to the M&A community would also be beneficial (but not essential)
What makes you stand out:
- Property & Casualty experience
- Current private equity/ M&A exposure within insurance
- A desire to challenge yourself in the fast-paced, demanding and rewarding world of M&A
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing reasonable support to any candidate with a disability/health condition to allow them to fully participate in the recruitment process. We welcome candidates to contact us at TAUK@mmc.com to discuss any specific needs.