Job Reference: R_249269
RISE Fellowship Overview
Marsh McLennan is the world’s leading professional services firm in risk, strategy and people. We bring together experts from across our four global businesses — Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer and Oliver Wyman — to help make organizations more successful and societies more resilient.
As a RISE Fellow, you will gain practical experience and dive headfirst into the heart of client challenges, propelling your professional growth to new heights as you become a catalyst for shifts in equity and inclusion.
Experience an immersive social justice program, orchestrated by the John Lewis Centre for Social Justice at Fisk University, a beacon among the nation's Historical Black College and Universities.
Unlock your innovation and problem solving skills while collaborating with your peers on a project that addresses the program’s impact.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn how Marsh McLennan addresses the world’s most complex challenges, helping clients navigate an increasing dynamic environment
- Join the next era of changemakers, developing leading social justice thinking in the areas of risk, strategy, and people
- Engage in one-on-one mentorship, for personalized leadership development
- Expand your network through a cohort of peers and industry professionals
- You will gain first-hand knowledge of the clients, communities, and industries we serve
- Workshops focus on leadership development, collaborative engagement, and social justice instruction
- Mentorship and guidance from Marsh McLennan and National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) leaders
- Alongside your peers, you will deliver a presentation on the program’s impact, including how it helps shape our organization, clients, communities, and the industry
- Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, an MBA/Master's program
- At least 3-5 years of relevant professional services experience advising clients on risk, strategy, and people
- Must identify as Black, African American, Afro Latinx, Afro Caribbean
- Located in one of our hub cities: New York, Atlanta, Chicago, DC, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Toronto, or London
- Must be able to participate in all aspects of the program, committing to 8-10 hours per month
- Must be eligible to work without the need for work sponsorship should a full-time opportunities arise during or following completion of the Fellowship
If this inspires you, let's have a conversation.
Start by submitting a resume to let us know you are interested and one of our talented recruiters or leaders will reach out to you directly.
Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company’s 85,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue of over $20 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh provides data-driven risk advisory services and insurance solutions to commercial and consumer clients. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock health and well being for a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit marshmclennan.com, or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people and embrace diversity of age background, civil partnership status, disability, ethnic origin, family duties, gender orientation or expression, gender reassignment, marital status, nationality, parental status, personal or social status, political affiliation, race, religion and beliefs, sex/gender, sexual orientation or expression, skin color, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments in accordance with applicable law to any candidate with a disability to allow them to fully participate in the recruitment process. If you have a disability that may require reasonable adjustments, please contact us at TAUK@mmc.com.
Marsh McLennan is committed to hybrid work, which includes the flexibility of working remotely and the collaboration, connections and professional development benefits of working together in the office. All Marsh McLennan colleagues are expected to be in their local based teams will identify at least one “anchor day” per week on which their full team will be together in person. office or working onsite with clients at least three days per week. Office-based teams will identify at least one “anchor day” per week on which their full team will be together in person.