Main purpose of job:
To support the delivery of quarterly management accounts for Asta exec
To ensure adherence to deadlines
To manage the external audit to support parent company timelines.
Key tasks – Please remember to include the appropriate risk task appropriate to your role.
- Deliver to deadline Management Accounts for Asta Managing Agency
- Prepare the consolidation for all entities in the Asta Capital Group including review of other trading entities
- Assist in the preparation and co-ordination of the budget and quarterly reforecast
- Monitor KPI trackers and ensure correct data is captured and reviewed
- Manage the external audit process including co-ordination and delegation of requests
- Manage the corporation tax QIPs and data submissions to tax agents to enable computations
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts
- Supervise junior members of the team to ensure adherence to all deadlines
Key personal skills required
- Analytical skills with willingness to challenge and question data.
- Self-motivate with proactive approach to all issues affecting the department
- Supervisory skills and developing other staff.
- Good communication skills both written and oral, with the ability to build effective working relationships with all levels of staff, including company directors.
- Ability to prioritise and organise self to successfully deliver under tight deadlines, whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy.
Key technical skills, knowledge and professional qualifications required
- Qualification in Accountancy (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- 2-3 years post qualification experience, preferably in a management accounts dept.
- Sound knowledge of tax and accounting issues.
- Understanding of a Lloyd’s managing agency /MGA/ insurance company desirable.
- Advanced IT skills, Excel, Word and Sun.
This job profile gives your outline duties. However, in an organisation such as ours, it is inevitable that tasks may arise which do not fall within the list of key tasks. You are therefore required to be flexible in your approach and attitude when tasks arise which are not specifically covered in their job profile. Should an additional responsibility become a regular part of your job, you should agree a new job profile with your manager.