Job Reference Number: 16017
Gallagher Re is one of the world's leading reinsurance advisory and broking firms. We bring together sophisticated analytics capabilities, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advice and counsel to our clients. We help our clients interpret the data to guide their decisions surrounding the management and financing of their risk portfolio.
Gallagher Re is looking for a Senior Catastrophe Analyst to join our Middle East and Africa (MEA) team overseeing the Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) unit to work with the company Managing Director, run and / or assist the adjusting team on large / technical claims whilst managing their own caseload.
- Oversight and day to day management of a team of loss adjusters
- Review and agree adjusting teams reports prior to formal submission to case handlers
- Development and support of existing team of adjusters
- Travelling to loss sites to investigate claims and support policyholders
- Deal with major loss / technical claims of large value
- Assist adjusting team on technical claims and provide guidance as required
- Liaising with insurers / underwriters
- Assessing claims in line with policy conditions
- Providing detailed reports with recommendations on liability
- Formal interviews of claimants where required
- Investigating and reporting suspected fraudulent claims
- Obtain reports from third parties, such as building surveyors etc
- Validation of items claimed
- Working closely with the Managing Director & claims team
- Ensuring the highest service level is provided to all customers
- Carry out duties following internal policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulation, good governance and Gallagher’s shared values, in particular, putting clients at the heart of our business.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the part of the business for which you are accountable for demonstrably complies with applicable laws, rules, regulation, good governance and Gallagher’s shared values, in particular, putting clients at the heart of our business. If shortcomings are identified take responsibility for remedial action planning, and action in conjunction with the relevant experts within the firm
- Qualified to a minimum of Dip CILA or equivalent.
- Loss adjuster policies, practices and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of personal lines/household insurance products and services and of underlying legal principles and practices relating to risk within own role capacity.
- Minimum of 3 years senior loss adjusting experience required
- Excellent planning and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Self- motivated and motivates others to achieve
- Persistent and tenacious in achieving results
- Comfortable and credible at decision –maker level.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Awareness of the regulatory requirements in respect of ‘advised’ and ‘non-advised’ sales, and in particular evidencing the standards and knowledge required in respect of giving advice and making recommendations to customers
What we offer you:
We want Gallagher to be the organisation that all our people are proud to be a part of and where everyone can call themselves one of our team. Where our culture is accepting of difference, where you can be the best and, perhaps most importantly, be yourself.
We are all different in some way. If we were all the same, and all thought the same, we would be vulnerable as a group. By welcoming and encouraging diverse opinions and backgrounds within our organisation, we will have a healthier, more innovative and ultimately more profitable business.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we'd love to hear from you. If you require flexibility for a role you are applying for, give us a call to chat through the options.
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture motivated by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
As a member of our global brokerage team, you’ll help our clients address risk, protect assets and recover from losses.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. Gallagher is committed to diversity of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.
Gallagher is Disability Confident Committed. We have pledged to make sure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, in addition to supporting our existing employees with any long-term health conditions or disabilities.
We understand that applicants may have disabilities, if you do, you may find some parts of the recruitment process more challenging than others. Don’t worry, we’re here to help, however, we can only do this if you let us know.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with your application, please get in touch with TAGlobalSupport@ajg.com. If you’d prefer to speak on the phone, please request a call back, leaving details, so we get in touch.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. We are committed to diversity and opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we'd love to hear from you!