Job Reference Number: 18566
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 40,000 strong, serving our clients with customised solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
As a member of our global brokerage team, you’ll help our clients address risk, protect assets and recover from losses.
We are looking to recruit an Account Handler to join our growing Yacht Servicing Team based out of our Poole office (3x/week in the office).
Our Marine Division is a fast-paced, collaborative group of dynamic professionals who are all driven to succeed. If you share this attitude, we look forward to hearing from you.
You will be responsible for providing account servicing support and ensuring effective servicing of client accounts.
Reporting directly in to the Yacht Servicing Team Manager, you will work with experienced Account Executives and together provide outstanding service to our clients within the Marine (Yachts) Servicing Team.
- Create documents for new customers, along with any mid-term adjustments and renewals information too. Ensure all customer details are recorded accurately and entered onto system in a timely fashion
- Obtain renewal terms for customers, always ensure you've explored other options before providing the best available solution. Prepare renewal closings from meeting minutes and ensure cover is bound by renewal date
- Deal with Insurer and customer queries about their policies. Confirm cover with relevant insurers, process policies and chase up outstanding documentation when required
- Deal with account queries and credit control matters highlighting any concerns to account managers. Apply fundamental legal and regulatory policy in relation to internal policies and the insurance contract as required
- Marine insurance experience is preferred but open to considering good commercial insurance experience with a genuine interest in Marine (the role comes with the opportunity to visit boat shows in the UK).
- Holding or working towards one of the Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications: Cert CII/Dip CII is desirable as is being educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Worked to targets within a regulated, measurable framework and achieved SLA’s.
- Evidence of rapport-building and experience in providing solid customer service focus with outstanding communication and social skills.
- Due diligence and process driven to deadlines, happy to forward plan, organise and analyse information.
- Highly accurate with a strong attention to detail, using initiative when assisting team members.
- Fully proficient in Acturis.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
About rewards and compensation
On top of a competitive salary, great teams and exciting career opportunities, we also offer a wide range of benefits.
Below are the minimum core benefits you’ll get, depending on your job level these benefits may improve:
- Minimum of 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and the option to ‘buy’ 5 more days
- Defined contribution pension scheme, which Gallagher will also contribute to
- Life insurance, which will pay 4x your basic annual salary, which you can top-up to 10x
- Income protection, we’ll cover up to 50% of your annual income, with options to top up
- Health cash plan or Private medical insurance
Other benefits include:
- Three fully paid volunteering days per year
- Employee Stock Purchase plan, offering company shares at a discount
- Share incentive plan, HMRC approved, tax effective, stock purchase plan
- Critical illness cover
- Discounted gym membership, with over 3,000 gyms nationally
- Season ticket loan
- Access to a discounted voucher portal to save money on your weekly shop or next big purchase
- Emergency back-up family care
- And many more…
Gallagher is Disability Confident Committed. We have pledged to make sure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, in addition to supporting our existing employees with any long-term health conditions or disabilities.
We understand that applicants may have disabilities, if you do, you may find some parts of the recruitment process more challenging than others. Don’t worry, we’re here to help, however, we can only do this if you let us know.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with your application, please get in touch with TAGlobalSupport@ajg.com. If you’d prefer to speak on the phone, please request a call back, leaving details, so we get in touch.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. We are committed to diversity and opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we'd love to hear from you!