Job Reference: 16190
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 40,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
As a member of our global brokerage team, you’ll help our clients address risk, protect assets and recover from losses.
Our Gallagher Housing Division are seeking an experienced and proactive Senior Claims Handler to join our established team to look after our largest client. Our Housing Division is based in Chelmsford, Essex so this will be a hybrid role (2x days/office).
Servicing our largest client in Housing, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality, professional advice service concerning any claims issues. You effectively over exceed your clients’ expectations as you will be handling claims from beginning through to conclusion. In fulfilling the role, we are looking for someone keen to step up, build a solid relationship with our client, and go the extra mile.
- Manage a caseload of claims on a delegated authority basis from cradle to grave.
- Advise and update your clients about relevant events and discussions during their claim. Ensure complete customer satisfaction during what can be a stressful time.
- Regularly assess the status of claims with clients, insurers, and/or their advisors/solicitors, including updating and informing them of any additional information acquired during the claims process.
- Offer appropriate technical advice to clients throughout the duration of the claim.
- Encourage, show compassion, and effectively balance your client’s expectations.
- Ensure your market, insurance, legislation, and other technical knowledge is developed and maintained.
- Run claims efficiently and keep the system updated with all relevant information.
- Ensure that claims statistics are accurate and produced in accordance to SLAs.
- Meet with clients on a quarterly basis either in London / Chelmsford to sustain strong rapport and relationship.
- Previous experience handling Commercial Claims (Property/Liability/Casualty).
- Cert CII/ Dip CII (Chartered Insurance Institute) qualification desirable and educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Previous experience within the insurance industry and expert claims handling focus within commercial claims.
- Strong client service drive along with forward planning and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communications skills, task focused, and keen to develop your career.
- Able to spot potential risks and seek advice when required; by applying due diligence and adhering to company processes.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
About rewards and compensation
On top of a competitive salary, great teams and exciting career opportunities, we also offer a wide range of benefits.
Below are the minimum core benefits you’ll get, depending on your job level these benefits may improve:
- Minimum of 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and the option to ‘buy’ 5 more days
- Defined contribution pension scheme, which Gallagher will also contribute to
- Life insurance, which will pay 4x your basic annual salary, which you can top-up to 10x
- Income protection, we’ll cover up to 50% of your annual income, with options to top up
- Health cash plan or Private medical insurance
Other benefits include:
- Three fully paid volunteering days per year
- Employee Stock Purchase plan, offering company shares at a discount
- Share incentive plan, HMRC approved, tax effective, stock purchase plan
- Critical illness cover
- Discounted gym membership, with over 3,000 gyms nationally
- Season ticket loan
- Access to a discounted voucher portal to save money on your weekly shop or next big purchase
- Emergency back-up family care
- And many more…
Gallagher is Disability Confident Committed. We have pledged to make sure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, in addition to supporting our existing employees with any long-term health conditions or disabilities.
We understand that applicants may have disabilities, if you do, you may find some parts of the recruitment process more challenging than others. Don’t worry, we’re here to help, however, we can only do this if you let us know.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with your application, please get in touch with TAGlobalSupport@ajg.com. If you’d prefer to speak on the phone, please request a call back, leaving details, so we get in touch.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. We are committed to diversity and opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we'd love to hear from you!