Job Reference Number: 18841
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 40,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
As a member of our global brokerage team, you’ll help our clients address risk, protect assets and recover from losses.
Gallagher’s Ipswich Office are seeking an Account Handler to join their established team based in the heart of the city centre. Working closely with experienced Account Executives, you will provide overall support to the team and their clients. Full training will be provided.
The main aim for your role is to acquire optimum account retention, via the account management, broking and technical support that you will provide. The ideal candidate is someone coming from a similar background, looking to join the team for progression or looking to return to work within a supportive environment that fosters strong team culture and takes pride in delivering exceptional client service
- Create documents for new customers about their insurance requirements.
- Obtain renewal terms for customers and research suitable alternatives to produce presentations.
- Coordinate all renewal quotes for existing customers along with any mid-term adjustments to be considered.
- Ensure all customer details are recorded accurately and entered onto system in a timely fashion
- Manage insurer queries in relation to customer policies. Confirm cover with relevant insurers, process policies and chase up outstanding documentation when required.
- Secure delivery of policy documentation from insurers and check prior to approval and release.
- Deal with account queries and credit control matters highlighting any concerns to account managers in a timely manner.
- Grasp and apply fundamental legal and regulatory policy for internal policies and the insurance contract as required.
- Prior experience / exposure to the insurance industry.
- Educated to degree, A-level, or GCSE level.
- Ambitious to learn a technical insurance role and develop a career in the insurance industry.
- Happy to work to targets within a regulated, measurable framework and achieved SLA’s Risk aware in handling customer information. Able to recognise potential risk and seek advice when required.
- Due diligence and process driven to deadlines, happy to forward plan, organise and analyse information. Highly accurate with a strong attention to detail, using initiative when assisting team members.
- Prepared to study towards a professional insurance qualification with the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- Fully proficient in MS office.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
About rewards and compensation
On top of a competitive salary, great teams and exciting career opportunities, we also offer a wide range of benefits.
Below are the minimum core benefits you’ll get, depending on your job level these benefits may improve:
- Minimum of 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and the option to ‘buy’ 5 more days
- Defined contribution pension scheme, which Gallagher will also contribute to
- Life insurance, which will pay 4x your basic annual salary, which you can top-up to 10x
- Income protection, we’ll cover up to 50% of your annual income, with options to top up
- Health cash plan or Private medical insurance
Other benefits include:
- Three fully paid volunteering days per year
- Employee Stock Purchase plan, offering company shares at a discount
- Share incentive plan, HMRC approved, tax effective, stock purchase plan
- Critical illness cover
- Discounted gym membership, with over 3,000 gyms nationally
- Season ticket loan
- Access to a discounted voucher portal to save money on your weekly shop or next big purchase
- Emergency back-up family care
- And many more…
Gallagher is Disability Confident Committed. We have pledged to make sure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, in addition to supporting our existing employees with any long-term health conditions or disabilities.
We understand that applicants may have disabilities, if you do, you may find some parts of the recruitment process more challenging than others. Don’t worry, we’re here to help, however, we can only do this if you let us know.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with your application, please get in touch with TAGlobalSupport@ajg.com. If you’d prefer to speak on the phone, please request a call back, leaving details, so we get in touch.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. We are committed to diversity and opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we'd love to hear from you!