Job Reference Number: 18096
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 40,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
As a member of our global brokerage team, you’ll help our clients address risk, protect assets and recover from losses.
We're looking for an experienced, dedicated and results-driven Corporate Account Handler whose role will also include Operations responsibility. This role will be based 3x/week in the office.
The Edinburgh branch has grown every year in the past 8 because of their highly motivated client-focused team of professionals. The role will include mentoring less experienced colleagues, sharing expertise in order to achieve, whilst ultimately putting the customer first.
You’ll be expected to be very well organised with good communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Advise clients on their risk & insurance requirements both directly and supporting Account Executives
- Negotiate with insurers and obtain best possible terms for clients, using knowledge of the market and the products best suited to clients’ needs
- Always ensure you've explored other options before providing the best available solution. Prepare reports from meeting minutes and ensure cover is bound by renewal date
- Create documents for new clients, along with any mid-term adjustments and renewals information too. Ensure all client details are recorded accurately and entered onto system in a timely fashion
- Deal with insurer and client queries about their policies. Confirm cover with relevant insurers, process policies and chase up outstanding documentation when required
- Branch main point of contact for operations issues, acting as liaison between Regional Operations Director and branch, including:
- o Quality Assurance & internal audits
- o Risk events and E&O reporting
- o Finance & credit control
- o Appointed Representatives’ monitoring & reporting
- Attend and actively participate in the regular meetings & conference calls of the Regional Operations Group
- Disseminate Operations information to team
- Currently holding or working towards one of the Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications, Dip CII or FIT would be an advantage. Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, with an intermediate knowledge of general insurance, London Market, Lloyd’s and Industry products, services.
- Previous experience in the insurance industry is essential, as is having worked to targets within a regulated, measurable framework and achieved SLAs.
- Risk aware in handling customer information, focussed on the best possible outcome for our customers at all times.
- Due diligence and process driven to deadlines, task focused, results oriented and takes initiative when assisting team members!
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, confident when building and maintaining rapport, strong planning and analytical skills with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS office
- Eligible to work in the UK
About rewards and compensation
On top of a competitive salary, great teams and exciting career opportunities, we also offer a wide range of benefits.
Below are the minimum core benefits you’ll get, depending on your job level these benefits may improve:
- Minimum of 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and the option to ‘buy’ 5 more days
- Defined contribution pension scheme, which Gallagher will also contribute to
- Life insurance, which will pay 4x your basic annual salary, which you can top-up to 10x
- Income protection, we’ll cover up to 50% of your annual income, with options to top up
- Health cash plan or Private medical insurance
Other benefits include:
- Three fully paid volunteering days per year
- Employee Stock Purchase plan, offering company shares at a discount
- Share incentive plan, HMRC approved, tax effective, stock purchase plan
- Critical illness cover
- Discounted gym membership, with over 3,000 gyms nationally
- Season ticket loan
- Access to a discounted voucher portal to save money on your weekly shop or next big purchase
- Emergency back-up family care
- And many more…
Gallagher is Disability Confident Committed. We have pledged to make sure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, in addition to supporting our existing employees with any long-term health conditions or disabilities.
We understand that applicants may have disabilities, if you do, you may find some parts of the recruitment process more challenging than others. Don’t worry, we’re here to help, however, we can only do this if you let us know.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with your application, please get in touch with TAGlobalSupport@ajg.com. If you’d prefer to speak on the phone, please request a call back, leaving details, so we get in touch.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. We are committed to diversity and opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we'd love to hear from you!