To support the Director’s & Officers division through defined administrative responsibilities, providing support within Underwriting Controls and utilise the Underwriting Authority granted, within the set parameters, and ensuring compliance with regulatory and Company standards.
• Assist D&O underwriting team with new business and renewals, and preparation for client meetings.
• Prepare underwriting files and ensure these are completed in line with internal standards.
• Assist FL portfolio analyst with oversight of underwriting operations team.
• Perform the following administrating tasks as directed by Underwriting team:
o Data entry into Underwriting systems within a timely fashion;
o Ensure all tasks are completed for month-end close; and o Provide training where applicable.
o Log all bound and quoted risks into the business log immediately.
o Ensure that Underwriting files are complete and accurate. Obtain any outstanding items from the broker or underwriter in readiness for Peer Review.
o Assist the Credit Control team in investigating outstanding premium, resolving queries and controlling aged debt.
• Assist with company projects as required.
• Ensure that the Peer Review is complete within 30 working days from QA by communicating with the Underwriter.
• Provide PBQA and Contract Certainty oversight ensuring that potential issues are escalated through the appropriate channels.
• Conduct research and analysis on individual transactions of interest.
• Liaise with brokers to discuss new transactions
• Follow up with brokers on outstanding quotes and renewals as directed by the Underwriting team.
• Report any suspicion of financial crime to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer immediately.
Experience: This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate who has 1 – 2 years’ experience in General Insurance or the London Market and is looking to attain CII qualifications, or a recent graduate / well-qualified school/college leaver. We are looking for a candidate who has experience, qualifications or a background in finance or business studies. They must demonstrate a passion for developing their knowledge of this technical class. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills in order to build good relationships with brokers and excellent IT and analytical skills. They should also demonstrate a high attention to detail.
Starr are an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We offer first class training and development opportunities to all employees. Our aim is to grow our own talent and bring out the best in people.
For this role we are open to discussing flexible working options with the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times. Please discuss your requirements with us during the interview process and we will explore what’s possible for the role