We are currently recruiting for an Underwriting Operations Technician to join our Underwriting Operations Team (supporting the Casualty Team), initially on a 6 month Fixed Term basis.
Role Purpose To support the Underwriting and Operations divisions through defined administrative responsibilities.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Enter risk and policy data in to the Underwriting system(s) within the defined Service Level Agreements.
• Undertake peer-to-peer quality assurance checks within the defined Service Level Agreements.
• Ensure all risk and policy queries are communicated through the appropriate channels and responded to in a timely manner.
• Process unmatched USMs within the defined Service Level Agreements and escalate any issues through the appropriate channels.
• Ensure all tasks are completed for month-end close.
• Assist with credit control and provide support to the credit control team with aged debt and excess cash queries when required.
• Attend team, departmental and divisional meetings to build, and maintain, internal relationships and continue understanding of the business.
• Scan and store all documentation in to the document management storage folders as required.
• Ensure that Underwriting files are complete and accurate. Obtain any outstanding items from the underwriting team.
• Assist with, and drive forward, company projects as required.
• Assist with the training of new team members and act as a Subject Matter Expert as requested by the management team.
• Undertake other appropriate ad-hoc tasks as requested by the management team.
• 6 months – 1 year office experience.
• Develop knowledge of the lines of business.
• Data entry. • Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• MS Office – Excel, Word and Outlook; and Underwriting systems.
• Educated to GCSE / A Level – with at least 5 A – C at GCSE (including Maths).
Starr is an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We offer first class training and development opportunities to all employees. Our aim is to grow our own talent and bring out the best in people