Progress your engineering career in one of the key roles within Allianz Engineering. Our Engineer Surveyors are at the forefront of our business.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join Allianz Engineering as a LEV Engineer Surveyor with one of the largest insurers and financial services companies in the world.
As a newly recruited Engineer Surveyor at Allianz Engineering, you will be automatically enrolled onto our unrivalled induction-training programme to support your personal development.
We have opportunities across the following locations:
As a LEV Surveyor, you will carry out the Thorough Examination and Test (TExT) of Local Exhaust Ventilation systems (LEV) which includes components such as air movers (fans), ducting, hoods, and filtration systems that control fumes, dust and mists created by processes in schools, hospitals, manufacturing and production locations. Full training is provided utilising a mix of internal and external training providers, so existing experience in extraction systems is not a fundamental requirement; however, an appreciation of LEV is desirable along with a willingness to learn.
The Engineer Surveyor role can be physically demanding and may require climbing at height using suitable ladders and work platforms to examine system ducting and taking readings from high level test points. It may also involve exposure to noise and dust, so you need to be happy with being in a hands-on, customer-facing environment.
You will work closely with your Engineer Surveyor Team managed by one of our Senior Operations Team Leaders. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients.
The role requires the successful applicant to be:
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Enthusiastic about learning a new role in the inspection of LEV systems and understanding the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH)
- Able to make well informed decisions, and willing to take responsibility.
- Effective in their short, medium and long-term planning in order to diarise meetings, visits and work allocation.
- Able to travel effectively within your local allocated work area.
- Competent in processing documentation, as well as undertaking general administration in a timely manner.
- Willing to support and deputise for fellow Engineer Surveyors (of own discipline) as and when required.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in LEV systems is not essential as full training will be provided
- You will need to be passionate about engineering, self-driven with the ability to interact daily with a variety of clients
- Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
- A holder of a full valid UK driving licence
- Time management skills are essential as you will be required to independently organise your week's work in an effective manner
- As tablets and smartphones are crucial tools for an Engineer Surveyor, you will need to be comfortable using these as part of your working day
- Successful candidates are required to hold as a minimum, a level 3 qualification in mechanical engineering
What we will offer you:
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from, including retail discounts and insurance cover so you can pick a package that is perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options and career development opportunities across the wider Allianz Group. That is on top of enjoying all the benefits you would expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- Salary starting from £41,436 to £52,075 depending on experience and location (including Engineer Surveyor Allowance)
- Incremental salary increases for the first 2 years whilst developing in the role
- Company car – A range of hybrid, electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles
- All tools/equipment provided
- Electric vehicle (EV) salary sacrifice scheme
- Generous pension contributions up to 15%
- Competitive annual bonus scheme
- Overtime earnings – uncapped
- Travel time in included within working week
- Life cover x 4 basic salary
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options – up to 5 days per holiday year
- Development days and unlimited Learning & Development opportunities
- A discount of up to 50% on a range of insurance products for you and your family including car, home, pet, and equine
- Retail discounts including BMW, Vodafone, Uber Eats, attractions, travel, shops and more
- Health & lifestyle benefits for you and your family including Dental, Bupa and Cycle to Work
- Employee Support Programme
- You will be based from home (IT kit and office tools provided) regular travel to clients' sites.
At point of application, please ensure you select the visibility of you profile to ‘All recruiters worldwide / Allianz recruiters in my country’.
Want to find out more about Allianz Engineer Surveyor role? Check out our dedicated Engineer Surveyor candidate page: Allianz Careers
At Allianz, we're proud to be a partner to the Women's Engineering Society (WES) and a recognised employer for the Ministry of Defence’s Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS). Supporting people from the armed forces community as they transition into the civilian workforce.
We do not accept speculative CVs; please ensure you live within a one-hour commute to your selected location listed. You will need to confirm your place of residence and commute time when submitting your application. Please note that the list of locations is updated when we have a new opening. If we don’t have your place of residence listed, don’t miss out. Why not create your individual account in our recruitment system to make full use of all functionalities: save jobs you are interested in, manage your applications, set up job alerts, and get recommended jobs based on your preferences, you will find this tool on our careers page.
Allianz is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality, and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, and long-term health conditions.
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.