IT Internship - Summer 2024 - Paid Opportunity
You will spend 8-weeks as a Digital Product Management Intern, and will be part of the high performing DPM squad within our IT function. With support from the team around you, including the Principal Digital Product Manager and DPMs, you will be guided through your internship and shown a variety of skills such as solving human and business problems with technology and assisting with the creation of future Roadmaps whilst also getting to experience working in a corporate environment. You will be encouraged to think big and thrive in this environment, we want you to learn and make the most of this experience. Our goal is, by the end of the internship programme, that you will feel inspired and enthusiastic to join the IT Corporate world. You will also get the opportunity to collaborate with business Stakeholders to break the increment down and determine the roadmap iterations and the value for each requirement.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• The Arch UK Digital Product Management team has responsibility for solving human and business problems with new technology. This role drives product strategy, roadmap development, and market delivery/operation of the product offering.
• The Digital Product Manager Intern will work closely with business and IT departments across Arch to assist with the creation of the vision and future Roadmap.
• The incumbent will be a dynamic, multidimensional, communicator with the ability to work on the detail but also see the bigger picture.
• Work with the PDPM and DPMs to identify a feature.
• Work with the business stake holders to break the increment down and determine the roadmap iterations and the value for each requirement.
• Assist with the translation of roadmap iterations into actionable Features, User Stories and Releases for the engineering team.
• Collaborate with other Digital Product Managers and Domain Owner to determine the sizing and agree the delivery of the increment.
• Assist with running product management ceremonies – Key Stakeholder Meetings, Backlog Refinement Events, and Sprint Reviews etc.
In this role you will
• Work in a culture that will help grow and develop your skills by being surrounded in a dynamic and ambitious, agile environment.
• Be encouraged to try new things and share your ideas with the team.
• Collaborate with all levels in the organisation from DPMs to Domain Owners to help determine the sizing and agree the delivery of the increment.
• Experience working with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking and work collaboratively with your team to learn and assist with running product management ceremonies.
About Arch Insurance IT Team
At Arch Insurance International we put technology at the centre of everything we do. This combined with our passion for our customers drives us to produce innovate solutions which aim to delight. This has helped us grow by approximately 30% last year and this trajectory is planned to continue.
Over the past few years we have invested significantly to move away from the traditional approaches to IT within financial institutions and to a framework focused on products. Through this we have embedded agile squads aligned to each function in the company. Each agile squad has dedicated team members and is focused on key customer outcomes. This has done away with the bureaucracy you often find in financial organisations and instead made us nimble and fast to change.
You should apply if
• You have excellent communication skills
• You have strong analytical skills
• You have a working knowledge of Excel/ Word/ PowerPoint
• You have a foundational understanding of technology
• You want to expand your knowledge and skill set and learn about working in IT within an Insurance Company.
• You strive for improvement in your work and that of others, proactively identifying areas for improvement and opportunities.
• You enjoy working with a team that is passionate about creating outcomes that delight your customers.
Our Values define how we engage with employees, customers, and all stakeholders. Ultimately, they shape our behaviours and our company culture.
• We work hard and smart. We are always willing to go the extra mile for those who count on us. We effectively use our resources to offer our clients the highest quality decisions, products, and experiences.
• We embrace the power of teamwork. Everyone contributes and each voice matters. We vigorously support our colleagues and empower them to make a difference. We foster personal and professional growth in ourselves and each other.
• We continually pursue innovation and improvement. We believe that every product or process can be improved and always strive for a better way. We seek new ideas sparked by a diverse workforce and challenge ourselves and each other in a thoughtful, respectful manner.
• We exhibit honesty and integrity in all we do. We do what is right. Every time.
• We strive to make a difference.
• We pursue opportunities to effect change beyond our jobs.
• We invest in our communities and encourage each other to give of our time and talent in meaningful ways.
*This is a paid opportunity*
• Application deadline Friday 26th January 2024
• Successful applicants will be contacted week commencing 5th February 2024 and invited to attend an interview
• Interview process to commence - TBC (March 2024)
• Confirmation to successful candidates – TBC (April 2024)
• Internship Programme start date – 24th June 2024