Finance Summer Internship - 2024 - Paid Opportunity
The Summer Internship will be an 8-week focused placement and is targeted to students entering the penultimate year of their undergraduate or graduate education. This will be an opportunity for the intern to embed themselves into the Finance department within Arch to obtain knowledge and professional skills, whilst gaining a comprehensive understanding of the distinct roles within the team and possibility of a job offer following the internship.
Throughout the 8 weeks you will have the opportunity to:
• Work collaboratively across the various departments within Finance
• Deal with internal and external supplier accounts
• Create measurable goals with the line manager to reflect on during the intern period.
• Networking opportunities both internally and externally
• Work independently on projects
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Accounts Payable Duties
• Processing of all supplier invoices in the accounts payable module
• Reconcile supplier accounts and resolve differences
• Dealing with all queries relating to suppliers.
• Processing of staff expenses on Concur
• General Ledger (GL) Reconciliations (e.g. Aged payables, Barclay card, Season ticket loan)
• Deal with internal and external supplier account queries via telephone or email and resolve queries promptly
Accounts Receivable Duties
• Work collaboratively across credit control, cash allocation and underwriting teams to validate and collect debt
• Provide commentary and where necessary investigating to allow for issue escalation
• Assist with provide audit listings and reconciliation support to external auditors
• Roll forward and update annual report and accounts
Skills Developed during Internship
• Knowledge and understanding of the finance processes, within the Insurance Industry.
• Communication & Negotiation Skills – ability to adapt your communication style for a variety of audiences.
• Commercial Thinking – understanding of the insurance market and its customers. Regulatory and Compliance awareness.
• Teamwork – ability to work as part of a team.
• Organizational discipline with ability to work independently using imitative and without guidance.
• Deliver Results – based on defined objectives and timescales.
• Ability to build and maintain both internal and external professional relationships.
• Proficient interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills, in addition to customer service skills in order to provide end user/business owner systems support.
Qualifications & Experience
Arch seeks candidates who have excelled in previous work experience, demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytical, quantitative, and interpersonal skills, and are enthusiastic about the insurance industry.
This is a paid opportunity.
• Application deadline Friday 26th January 2024
• Successful applicants will be contacted week commencing 5th February 2024 and invited to attend an interview
• Interview process to commence - TBC (March 2024)
• Confirmation to successful candidates – TBC (April 2024)
• Internship Programme start date – 24th June 2024