Claims Assistant Summer Internship - 2024 - Paid Opportunity
The Summer Internship will be an 8-week focused placement and is targeted to students entering the penultimate year of their undergraduate or graduate education. This will be an opportunity for the intern to embed themselves into the Claims department within Arch to obtain knowledge and professional skills, whilst gaining a comprehensive understanding of the distinct roles within the team and possibility of a job offer following the internship.
Throughout the 8 weeks you will have the opportunity to:
• Assist in the management of bordereau claims.
• Assist Claims Handlers with keeping updated correspondence on files.
• Where instructed, agree payments and reserves on relevant systems.
• Create measurable goals with the line manager to reflect on during the intern period.
• Networking opportunities with our Brokers and experts
• Work independently on projects
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Adhering to the Arch Insurance UK Ltd reserving philosophy and ensuring claims are reserved in a consistent and accurate manner.
• Responsibility for handling losses within delegated authority.
• Writing and reviewing internal large loss reports
• Attend internal and external meetings
• Representing Arch in a lead and follow capacity in the London market.
• Work alongside our technical experts i.e. lawyers, loss adjusters and forensic accountants.
• Review and provide feedback on the performance of Third Party Administrators (TPAs)
Skills Developed during Internship
• Knowledge and understanding of the claims handling process, within the London Market.
• Communication & Negotiation Skills – ability to adapt your communication style for a variety of audiences.
• Commercial Thinking – understanding of the insurance market and its customers. Regulatory and Compliance awareness.
• Teamwork – ability to work as part of a team.
• Organizational discipline with ability to work independently using imitative and without guidance.
• Deliver Results – based on defined objectives and timescales.
• Ability to build and maintain both internal and external professional relationships.
• Proficient interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills, in addition to customer service skills in order to provide end user/business owner systems support.
Qualifications & Experience
Arch seeks candidates who have excelled in previous work experience, demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytical, quantitative, and interpersonal skills, and are enthusiastic about the insurance industry.
This is a paid opportunity.
• Application deadline Friday 26th January 2024
• Successful applicants will be contacted week commencing 5th February 2024 and invited to attend an interview
• Interview process to commence - TBC (March 2024)
• Confirmation to successful candidates – TBC (April 2024)
• Internship Programme start date – 24th June 2024