Lloyd’s is the world’s leading insurance andreinsurance marketplace. We share the collective intelligence and risk sharing expertise of the market’s brightest minds, working together for a braver world.
Our role is to inspire courage, so tomorrow’s progress isn’t limited by today’s risks.
Our shared values: we are brave; we are stronger together; we do the right thing; guide what we do and how we act. If you share our values and our passion to build a future that’s more sustainable, resilient and inclusive, you’ll find a home at Lloyd’s – build a braver future with us.
The role holder is responsible for the implementation of Lloyd’s commercial strategy across the MEDI region working with other Country Managers in their respective roles and accountabilities in a manner that achieves Lloyd’s operational, financial and regulatory requirements and targets.
- Lead MEDI country managers and their extended teams to successfully implement Lloyd’s commercial strategy across the MEDI region focused on unlocking new distribution and attracting new capital.
- Ensure operational excellence for Lloyd’s across the region, including compliance with relevant local laws and regulations, effective risk management, and efficient and effective processes. Support IVASS regulatory engagement in Italy and oversee Italian branch operating model improvements.
- Build and maintain key commercial relationships across the region with key stakeholders – including brokers, customers (incl. cedents), MGAs, managing agents, market associations, and local / regional regulators and government bodies.
- Develop a strategy for LIC’s expansion across MEDI and oversee its implementation.
- Provide oversight and support to local general representatives on local market development, financial, operational, risk management or regulatory matters.
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competition and customer needs, to inform the adaptation of the strategy to local market context.
- Oversee budget planning, implementation and financial control for the MEDI region in collaboration with the relevant country managers, the CMDO and LIC Finance teams.
- Attract and retain the best diverse talent, foster a collaborative and high performance working culture, and systemically demonstrate inclusive and inspirational leadership.
- Collaborate with diverse functions across LIC and the Corporation of Lloyd’s. incl. market development, strategy and innovation, performance management, operations, risk and finance teams to design and deliver propositions that meet customer requirements
- In collaboration with the Marketing & Communications function and the MEDI Country Managers promote the Lloyd’s brand and value proposition through;
- Communications and events activities tailored to the needs of the MEDI Region
- Engagement with and representation in market / industry associations or working groups across the MEDI region
Specific to Italy as General Representative of LIC Italy
- Accept legal service of process on behalf of the Company and of Lloyd’s Underwriters and to institute, defend, conduct and appeal proceedings of whatever nature, and where appropriate representing the company before any judge of any Italian Court whether Civil, criminal, fiscal or administrative as well as any other Italian authority
- Oversee the collection of all premiums due and payable to the Company and to Lloyd’s Underwriters in relation to Italian business and to deposit in the Company’s, Lloyd’s Underwriters and Lloyd’s Brokers accounts all sums of money received from local intermediaries or directly from policy holders.
- Sign in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements policies, cover notes, and contracts of insurance to cover accepted risks within the limits and conditions as the Company and the Lloyd’s Underwriters may have agreed.
- Issue, sign and submit letters of expression on interest and formal bids on behalf of the Company and Lloyd’s Underwriters for any type of Italian public and private tenders.
- Advise on approve and manage the Italian distribution network consisting of Coverholders and Open market Correspondents including the signing and maintenance of the formal Cooperation Agreements in line with the Service Fee arrangements as required by local regulatory authorities
- In collaboration with the Operations function maintain and develop the digital document issuance platforms used by Coverholders and Open Market Correspondents to issue policy documents and insurance certificates.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources function in Brussels and London administer local employee contracts, including monthly salary payments, social contributions, taxes, pension fund and other benefits
- Sales and business development skills enabling the role-holder to consistently identify win-win areas that align the interests of multiple stakeholders and influence positive action in support of Lloyd’s objectives
- Natural curiosity and drive to stay on top of development from a political, economic, technological, societal or legal standpoint that will impact Lloyd’s ability to deliver its commercial strategy for the MEDI region
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with clients, brokers, carriers and other relevant members of the Lloyd’s ecosystem.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to develop and execute successful strategies.
- Ability to effectively work in and develop multi-cultural teams
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and decision making skills
- Thought leadership/public advocacy skills
- English and Italian language skills; knowledge of other European languages would be a plus
- Lloyd’s market structure, operations, financial and governance structure as well as the routes into Lloyd’s for both new risk and capital
- Local market dynamics and competitive positioning of key distributors, carriers and capital providers across the MEDI region and the broader European market
- Financial, operational and risk management considerations and requirements
- Clarity on regulatory expectations including the principles from a prudential or conduct standpoints.
- Sound knowledge of legal and compliance requirements in relevant markets, particularly Italy
- Awareness of effective marketing and communication strategies
- Awareness of the threats and opportunities presented by digitisation, business model innovation, emerging risks, capital market and sustainability drivers
- European insurance markets, associated national regulators and a good working knowledge of local market threats and opportunities
- Past experience in business development, strategy, management consulting, underwriting, (re)insurance or related market roles – with a thorough understanding of global (re)insurance value chains, customers, distributors, global distribution practices as well as product development and market dynamics
- Track record of consistent delivery against stated objectives in the Italian market
- Experience of managing teams and providing leadership across multiple geographies and the ability to cultivate and develop sound business relationships
- Regular exposure and experience of presenting to or influencing senior external and internal stakeholder groups (incl. C-suite / Board levels)
Diversity and inclusion are a focus for us – Lloyd’s aim is to build a diverse, inclusive environment that reflects the global markets we work in. One where everyone is treated with dignity and respect to achieve their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making workplace adjustments, we offer regular health and wellbeing programmes, diversity and inclusion training, employee networks, mentoring and volunteering opportunities as well as investment into your professional development. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our website.
By choosing Lloyd's, you'll be part of a team that brings together the best minds in the industry, and together with our underwriters and brokers, we create innovative, responsive solutions allowing us to share risk and solve complex problems.
Should you require any additional support with your application, or any adjustments, please click the following link;
Please note, clicking on this link does not register your application for the vacancy