Convex approach to sustainability is integral to our strategy and underpinned by our values. Our Sustainability strategy is founded on three pillars: Building Resilience, Leading from our Culture and Advancing Transition. It impacts how we conduct ourselves with our customers, our employees and external stakeholders. In this newly created role, you will report to our Head of Sustainability (HOS) and support with the implementation of the Convex Sustainability Strategy, engaging with different functions across the business as well as external stakeholders. You will play a crucial role in helping us move our Sustainability function forward.
Some of the key tasks may include
- Take a lead role on Climatewise reporting and developing the firm’s TCFD (Task Force for Climate Related Financial Disclosure) and CSRD (EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive) reporting
- Develop the framework for the management and monitoring of ESG related metrics and targets
- Support ESG related reporting, internal and external both as stand-alone reports or contributing to wider risk reports
- Develop the firm’s use of external data services, for use across the firm in transition planning and ESG assessments
- Develop awareness internally across Convex of ESG issues facing the business and develop a sustainable culture
- Support the work of the risk function in the identification and management of Climate risk related risks
- Work with the HOS in identifying climate related opportunities for the business
- Support the HOS in engagement with external partners and collaboration opportunities e.g. Climatewise, Insurance Development Forum
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience within the non-life insurance sector, ideally in an ESG related capacity or risk management
- Good understanding of the ESG agenda with an ability to understand evolving ESG directives and work across the firm to develop effective reporting. TCFD reporting experience desirable
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Ability to write extremely clear, succinct, and relevant reports
- Skilled at managing and influencing stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously as well as collaboratively
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Flexible, adaptable and collegiate approach
- Commitment to sustainable values and ongoing sustainable education
- Competitive Salary
- 30 days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution
- Private Health Insurance Medical Cover
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance Cover
- Annual Health Check
- 3 days of Volunteer Leave each year
- 10 days of help with care (elder/ childcare) through Bright Horizons
- £1,300 to spend on learning & wellbeing
- Give as You Earn
- Cycle to Work
- Season Ticket Loan
About Convex Insurance
In 2019, Stephen Catlin and Paul Brand co-founded Convex with $1.7bn of initial committed capital to underwrite insurance and reinsurance for complex specialty risks. The company has since received an A.M. Best rating of A (Excellent) and regulatory approval to operate in London, Bermuda, Luxembourg and United States.
We have also welcomed leaders in their fields from across the insurance industry, bringing a diversity of thought and approach.
We live our values in every facet of our business:
Earn our reputation
Everything we do affects how others see us. Our success depends upon our reputation, for which all of us share responsibility.
Straightforward and fair
We tell it like it is, with fairness, dignity and respect. We strive to do the right thing always, however hard it seems.
Determined to improve
However good we are, we are not complacent. We know we can always be better and we never stop trying to improve.
Inspired by opportunity
We come to the market and to every client engagement without baggage. There is no limit to what we can achieve together.
Enjoy being different
We feel positive about change and we are not afraid to try new things in our quest for a better way for clients, stakeholders and colleagues to do business.