Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our dynamic team at Allianz. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will play a lead role in designing, developing, and maintaining our data infrastructure. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the efficient collection, storage and retrieval of data for analysis and reporting purposes for our Personal and Commercial businesses enabling better insight and enabling decision making.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading solutions design activities with peers and junior colleagues informing the approach for the team backlog.
- Developing, implementing, testing and documenting scalable ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data pipelines and workflows to efficiently ingest and transform data from various sources.
- Working collaboratively with testers to ensure test plans are in place and to agree test packs of data to support system and UAT testing.
- Ensuring design is compliant with the Allianz Data Technology Strategy and works with peers to maintain and enhance Allianz standards.
- Implementing data security measures and ensure compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Peer reviewing work of colleagues and being accountable for quality for own squad.
- Being a Subject Matter Expert of infrastructure and configuration for one or more data technologies. Identifies and addresses performance bottlenecks and data quality issues to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our data.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and analysts to understand their data requirements and provide them with clean, reliable and accessible data.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in data engineering to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- Proven work experience as a Senior Data Engineer or in a similar role.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python
- Experience with data modelling, data warehousing and ETL frameworks.
- Proficiency in working with relational databases (e.g., Oracle, PostgreSQL), Parquet/Delta files and big data technologies (e.g. Synapse, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
- Experience with any one or more cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) and their data services
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills, with the ability to communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities
- Ideally some knowledge of the UK Insurance Market
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
• Flexible buy/sell holiday options
• Hybrid working.
• Annual performance related bonus
• Contributory pension scheme
• Development days
• A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us. This role will involve working from home combined with time in our Guildford office one or two days per week.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
35229 | Data & Analytics | Professional | Non-Executive | Allianz UK | Full-Time | Permanent