Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.
Are you looking to progress your career with Data? If you are passionate about data this may be a role just for you.
The purpose of this role is to work within Data Value Management (DVM) Team order to effectively drive the key data capabilities to our business customers: Data Management, Data Quality, Metadata Management, Data Lineage, Master and Reference Data Management. You will be a seasoned data professional with technical mind and have an appreciation for business, as well as an excellent communicator with strong stakeholder management skills in order to gain greater insight of their data requirements and effectively drive Allianz UK Data Strategy.
At Allianz we’re one of the largest general insurers in the UK, which means we have lots of IT and data legacy to work with, but we are on a transformation journey harnessing Cloud capabilities and cutting edge data software. This is an incredible opportunity to create value, using the array of data management, quality and analysis tools available to us, our vast pool of data and deep industry expertise.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead and perform analysis and develop foundational data management products to deliver a comprehensive end to end business offering (Business Glossary, Metadata Management, Data Lineage, Data Quality, etc).
- Support configuration of new resource connection onto Enterprise Data Catalogue (EDC) enabling harvesting of technical metadata, use and set up of custom resources and custom data lineage
- Support the definition and implementation of data management concepts, frameworks and associated best practices.
- Create or enhance processes, guides and standards, continuing to improve the organisation data maturity both within the data depts and business areas.
- Drive adoption of Data Ownership framework and Data Asset Cataloguing in Allianz UK
- Support the delivery of our data management strategy enabling data products that will help hundreds of staff in supporting our customers, and influence our business strategy.
- Drive a better understanding of the value of data with stakeholders and users and contribute to improvements in data management, quality and governance.
- Maintain relationship with our business customers, in order help to identify improvement opportunities by understanding specific business area’s value drivers and help recommend value-driven solutions to key stakeholders.
- Build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders around the business in helping to create data driven solutions to business problems.
- Deliver hands on analysis of datasets through data profiling and cleansing tools.
- Trouble shooting hurdles limiting the business adoption of data processes and tools.
- Work autonomously and within a highly skilled team to deliver both business process and technology enabled business change.
Experience & Skills:
- Knowledgeable and experienced in more than one area of area of data management (Metadata, MDM/RDM, Modelling, etc) with an enthusiasm to learn about others
- Experience and comfortable in delivering presentations to different stakeholders. Amending the content and tone to reflect the audience’s objectives and data maturity. Capable of convincing business staff of the benefits of becoming a data driven organisation.
- Prior use of the Informatica governance toolset (i.e AXON & EDC) would be highly desirable although full training will be provided
- Proficient in learning & configuring new application and confident in corresponding with technical depts or third parties for further support.
- Comfortable with engaging with business leaders and operational staff on the subject of data ownership and stewardship to encourage their continuing data journey.
- Experience with IBM IIS (InfoSphere Information Toolset) including RDM and MDM Modules
- Aware of how important KPIs are for monitoring business outputs and project implementations with some familiarity of BI software(i.e. Cognos, MicroStrategy, etc)
- Technically competent with data components yet able to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Practical experience of data manipulation and analysis
- Experience of a programming language (SQL, Python, C, etc) and Azure products would be beneficial.
- Experienced in digesting data strategies and best practices and feeling sufficiently qualified to implement their themes in new or uplifted processes and standards.
- Understanding of external data enrichment for commercial organisations
- Experience working in an Agile project environment or managing large items of work– ideally in the context of data
- An interest in developing new skills
- Great communication skills, team player, self-starter
- Organised, demonstrated strong work ethic, results driven and able to hit deadline
- Adaptable to working in an agile environment
- Able to juggle multiple projects and stakeholders
- An inquisitive mind to join data and business value across a complex landscape
- Comfortable balancing day to day operational priority data activities alongside project commitments
- Base level of numerical competence – bachelor’s degree in a numerate, scientific or computing subject (e.g. Computer Science, Business analytics, Data Science, Maths, Economics, Physics)
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
• Flexible buy/sell holiday options
• Hybrid working.
• Annual performance related bonus
• Contributory pension scheme
• Development days
• A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us. This role will involve working from home combined with time in our Guildford office one or two days per week.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.
Join us - Let’s Care for Tomorrow.
35231 | Data & Analytics | Professional | Non-Executive | Allianz UK | Full-Time | Permanent