Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Data Engineer to join our dynamic team at Allianz. As a Data Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and maintaining our data infrastructure. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the efficient collection, storage and retrieval of data for analysis and reporting purposes for our Personal and Commercial businesses enabling better insight and enabling decision making.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working with peers and senior colleagues on solutions design activity for items allocated to you in the backlog.
- Developing, implementing, testing and documenting scalable ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data pipelines and workflows to efficiently ingest and transform data from various sources.
- Working collaboratively with testers and customer to deliver high quality fit for purpose solution.
- Understands and works within internally published Allianz Data Technology Strategy.
- Implementing data security measures and ensure compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Peer reviewing work of colleagues.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and analysts to understand their data requirements.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in data engineering to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
You will have the following skills:
- Proven work experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Strong programming skills in SAS/IBM DataStage
- Experience with data modelling, data warehousing and ETL frameworks.
- Proficiency in working with relational databases (e.g., Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with any one or more cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) and their data services would be beneficial
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills, with the ability to communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities
- Ideally some knowledge of the UK Insurance Market
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Hybrid working
- Annual performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Development days
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.
Join us - Let’s Care for Tomorrow.
35313 | Data & Analytics | Professional | Non-Executive | Allianz UK | Full-Time | Permanent