Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our dynamic team at Allianz. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will play a lead role in designing, developing, and maintaining our data infrastructure. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the efficient collection, storage and retrieval of data for analysis and reporting purposes for our Personal and Commercial businesses enabling better insight and enabling decision making.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading solutions design activities with peers and junior colleagues informing the approach for the team backlog.
- Developing, implementing, testing and documenting scalable ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data pipelines and workflows to efficiently ingest and transform data from various sources.
- Working collaboratively with testers to ensure test plans are in place and to agree test packs of data to support system and UAT testing.
- Ensuring design is compliant with the Allianz Data Technology Strategy and works with peers to maintain and enhance Allianz standards.
- Implementing data security measures and ensure compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Peer reviewing work of colleagues and being accountable for quality for own squad.
- Being a Subject Matter Expert of infrastructure and configuration for one or more data technologies. Identifies and addresses performance bottlenecks and data quality issues to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our data.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and analysts to understand their data requirements and provide them with clean, reliable and accessible data.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in data engineering to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven work experience as a Senior Data Engineer or in a similar role.
- Strong programming skills in SAS and/or IBM DataStage
- Experience with data modelling, data warehousing and ETL frameworks.
- Proficiency in working with relational databases (e.g., Oracle, PostgreSQL), along with knowledge of Parquet/Delta files and Cloud data technologies an advantage
- Experience with any one or more cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) and their data services
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills, with the ability to communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities
- Ideally some knowledge of the UK Insurance Market
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Hybrid working.
- Annual performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Development days
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diveristy and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, member of the Women in Finance Charter, a Disability Confident employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion members, signatories of Business in the Community's Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We recognise the strength of neurodiversity in the workplace, and the far-reaching benefits of embracing a spectrum of thinking styles and innovative capabilities. We proudly welcome applications from neurodivergent and disabled candidates, and can offer tailored adjustments to remove barriers and set you up for success in your career.
At Allianz, we encourage our people to advocate for what they need, we listen, and we act – this could include providing assistive technology, ergonomic specialist equipment, mentoring and coaching, or flexibility in the way you work, among a wide range other adjustments.
Join us - Let’s Care for Tomorrow.
35314 | Data & Analytics | Professional | Non-Executive | Allianz UK | Full-Time | Permanent