Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.
As Data Quality Analyst you will report to the Data Quality Lead as part of the Data Governance, Management and Quality agile tribe (DGMQ) and you will work closely with the Data Management Lead to support the Data Quality processes within Allianz Commercial. As a main part of this role, you will be responsible for supporting definition and implementation of data quality framework and best practices, as well as hands on analysis of data sets through data profiling and cleansing tools, where needed defining data quality management measures including process, technology and people aspects. You will be heavily involved in various enterprise projects, as well as working with number of BAU business functions like Claims, Underwriting, Distribution… in order to support and advise on their varied data needs.
Part of your job will be collaboration with wider Data team in order to learn and support Data Management and Governance activities across the Data & analytics function. Full on the job training will be provided as part of the on boarding process.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a recently established, dynamic and growing data team for anyone who is passionate about data and wants to learn more in order to grow as a data professional.
- Maintain and communicate company wide data quality governance standards, frameworks and policies and foster a business culture that values data as a strategic asset by promoting discipline and compliance around its use.
- Provide support and advise to enterprise projects and BAU business functions in order to determine their Data (quality) needs and requirements and help facilitate their definition and execution.
- Perform Data Quality analysis, including data profiling with use of IBM IIS (InfoSphere Information Server) technology, Informatica, Alteryx Designer, SQL, Python and dashboarding using MicroStrategy and other emerging technologies.
- Support establishment of data quality for accuracy, completeness, timeliness and appropriateness within the organisation.
- Provide support to implement end to end data quality solutions including (but not limited to) root cause analysis of Data Quality issues through people/process/technology adaptions, Data Cleansing and Data Quality Reporting
- Support definition, articulation and communication of the Data Quality Framework, and other associated documents and communication packs.
- Work with Data Quality Lead on developing and implementing comprehensive communication and on-boarding plans for Data stewards.
- Apply interpersonal and influencing skills to develop strong relationships with stakeholders and provide advice based on demonstrated expertise.
- Continually seek to improve the enterprise-wide data management and governance standards, policies and procedures.
- Define and maintain data standards, definitions, and models (e.g., data dictionary, organizational data model. This may also include any DQA documents such as checklists, guidelines, manuals, templates, forms, etc.).
You will have the following skills:
- Expertise in the domain of Data and Information (Quality Management, Data Standards, Data Quality Controls, Governance, Modelling, Data Analysis, Master & Reference Data Management, Data Security and Privacy, or any other area which is closely related and could form sufficient skill basis for future development in DGMQ space).
- Previous experience in data analysis, data profiling and DQ dashboard creation
- The ability to positively engage and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Good understanding of a broad range of systems, cloud and on-premises platforms, databases (database management studios) and how they integrate (ETL, ELT, Messaging, APIs etc.).
- Experience working with data quality tools such as IBM InfoSphere Information Analyser, Informatica IDQ, Alteryx Designer or other tools providing similar capabilities.
- Experience writing, executing, scheduling SQL queries
- Experience using analytics and dashboarding tools such as MicroStrategy, MS Power BI, Tableau and/or Qlikview
- Ability to work with large and multiple data sets, strong analytical and numeracy skills, high attention to detail, high levels of accuracy, organised and methodical with the ability to problem solve.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to engage, influences and develop strong relationships with business stakeholders.
- Planning and risk management, change control processes and portfolio management skills are desirable.
- Technically literate with an understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in Financial Services and/or Insurance Industry.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and project teams.
- Experience working with Python and SAS desirable.
- Working knowledge of IBM Information Server and management tools such as IGC, RDM, MDM desirable.
- Working knowledge / experience on how to create data lineages and data flow diagrams
- Experience or working knowledge on the mapping of data, data migrations and data enrichment
- Knowledge on industry best practice framework such as DAMA, DCAM, ISO8000 and COBIT
- MS SharePoint knowledge
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Hybrid working
- Annual performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Development days
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust We secure your future
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.
Join us - Let’s Care for Tomorrow.
35309 | Data & Analytics | Professional | Non-Executive | Allianz UK | Full-Time | Permanent