Location: Guildford or London (hybrid)
Salary: Dep on exp + annual bonus + car allowance
Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.
We have a great position that has recently been created in our Finance team for an Actuary in the Actuarial Transformation team.
We are looking for an ambitious, collaborative and enthusiastic candidate who is looking to continue on to the next step of their Actuarial career.
Your role will focus on transforming, leading and coordinating the planning and forecasting in the Actuarial Department. This will involve working closely with the wider Actuarial team - coordinating and providing resource and expertise to ensure high quality, timely, and clearly communicated Actuarial inputs into the annual business plan delivery. Additionally you will be working closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis team, and liaising between a broad number of senior stakeholders to support the development of the Plan, and communicate areas of opportunities and risk.
A key area of focus will also be the development of the Actuarial planning model within Anaplan, working closely with the Transformation team to deliver timely forecasting capability, enabling transparent MI and communication regarding performance relative to Plan.
- Coordinate Actuarial Input into annual business planning exercise.
- Lead the development of the Actuarial planning model in Anaplan, setting the bar for simplification of existing processes and developing the department’s technical capabilities.
- Provide reforecasts and analyses of deviation against Plan.
Skills & Experience
- Fellow of Institute of Actuaries or equivalent. We may consider an experienced nearly qualified candidate with appropriate experience.
- A strong academic record, with at least a 2:1 degree in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics or Statistics.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Innovative and proactive approach to simplifying processes.
- Strong communication (written and verbal).
- This is a general insurance role, but we may consider actuaries from other disciplines. Knowledge of general insurance reserving preferred.
- Knowledge of Anaplan is an advantage but not a requirement.
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
• Annual bonus scheme
• 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Car allowance
• Private Medical Insurance
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life cover
• Group Income Protection
• Flexible buy/sell holiday options
• Flexible working arrangements
• A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
• Retail discounts
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.
Join us - Let’s Care for Tomorrow