The Compliance function ensures that Convex is able to meet its regulatory requirements across all countries we operate in. Given Convex’ rate of growth, world-wide distribution model and the potential changes to regulation as well as our flat hierarchy, this role presents a unique opportunity to be involved in all aspects of a Compliance function at global level. You will have regular interaction with wide variety of stakeholders across the business.
- Support all aspects of the Compliance function with key framework roles and activities, including Complaints Handling and supporting the Conduct Risk framework, Delegated Underwriting approvals and Financial Crime framework duties
- Ongoing review and updating of compliance policies and procedures
- Carry out monitoring reviews
- Participate in product oversight and governance work
- Developing compliance management information
- Collaborate cross-functionally in developing and overseeing assurance process
- Embrace Convex values and help drive our strategic objectives
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Proven experience in a Compliance function for a regulated insurance entity
- Ability to build and nurture relationships internally and externally
- Inquisitive with a passion for learning and keen interest in developing a career in Compliance
- Analytical mindset and robust attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions yet also a team player who enjoys collaborating on a variety of initiatives
- Comfortable with the latest technology
- Competitive Salary
- 30 days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution
- Private Health Insurance Medical Cover
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance Cover
- Annual Health Check
- 3 days of Volunteer Leave each year
- 10 days of help with care (elder/ childcare) through Bright Horizons
- £1,300 to spend on learning & wellbeing
- Give as You Earn
- Cycle to Work
- Season Ticket Loan
About Convex Insurance
In 2019, Stephen Catlin and Paul Brand co-founded Convex with $1.7bn of initial committed capital to underwrite insurance and reinsurance for complex specialty risks. The company has since received an A.M. Best rating of A (Excellent) and regulatory approval to operate in London, Bermuda, Luxembourg and United States.
We have also welcomed leaders in their fields from across the insurance industry, bringing a diversity of thought and approach.
We live our values in every facet of our business:
Earn our reputation
Everything we do affects how others see us. Our success depends upon our reputation, for which all of us share responsibility.
Straightforward and fair
We tell it like it is, with fairness, dignity and respect. We strive to do the right thing always, however hard it seems.
Determined to improve
However good we are, we are not complacent. We know we can always be better and we never stop trying to improve.
Inspired by opportunity
We come to the market and to every client engagement without baggage. There is no limit to what we can achieve together.
Enjoy being different
We feel positive about change and we are not afraid to try new things in our quest for a better way for clients, stakeholders and colleagues to do business.