Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Customer Experience, Sales, UnderwritingTarget Openings
1What Is the Opportunity?
We are looking for a Strategic Account Manager to work alongside our Strategic Account Directors to manage our key brokers across the Travelers European platform including our Lloyds Syndicate, Commercial Retail and Financial Lines businesses.
With experience in a similar role you will be pivotal in how we plan and engage with our Strategic Brokers across our various businesses and segments. In addition the role supports delivery of the Strategic Broker plans by utilising and broker data to drive strong trading relationships.
Travelers Europe currently offers flexibility to employees who wish to work on a hybrid basis in accordance with our Hybrid Work Arrangements Policy. This entails full time employees working three days a week in the office and two days at home (or pro rata for part-time employees). This policy may be changed at the Company’s discretion.
This role is eligible for a £3,000 new joiner bonus. If you are successfully referred by an employee at Travelers Europe, both you and the person who referred you could be eligible for this bonus.
What Will You Do?
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised – these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making Travelers Europe a great place to work.
- Support the Strategic Account Directors in creating robust broker business plans across our key Strategic Brokers.
- Work alongside the SADs to monitor and drive performance against these plans
- Support the SADs in creating and maintaining engagement models and structure to facilitate collaboration and trading engagement across our businesses and segments
- Work with Broker data to understand performance, share of wallet ranking and rating across our Strategic Brokers
- Support with SADs in the creation of Quarterly Broker Review decks and performance management data
- Understand and utilise the Broker Platforms to obtain Pipeline listings and reporting
- Build strong relationships with the Strategic Broker Market Management teams
- Build knowledge of our business, underwriting strategy and develop relationship with key stakeholders.
To be successful, you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- • Degree level education and/or ACII Qualified or progress towards.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of Travelers propositions, products and appetite.
- Some prior experience of developing commercial relationships in order build sustainable long-term, profitable business
- Strong experience of building and implementing robust Broker Account Plans.
- Demonstrable evidence of a range of marketing and selling skills and techniques to retain and generate new business.
- Knowledge of commercial and market drivers, trends etc. and capitalise on them to develop business.
- Experience of building and executing Pipeline management processes.
- Strong prioritisation skills.
- Driving licence
- Ability to identify and manage key Influencers, including Executives, within major businesses.
- Be able to show effective brokers profiling and demonstrate share of wallet.
- Ability to identify, understand and use data and information to inform good planning and decision-making.
- Able to effectively collaborate across business lines and areas.
- Effective IT skills
What is a Must Have?
- Some prior experience in the commercial insurance industry in a business development role.
- In-depth knowledge of assigned Accounts: organisation, strategy, internal networks and influencers.
- In-depth knowledge of local market, financial services, competitors.
What Is in It for You?
- Private Medical Insurance: On commencement of employment, you are eligible for single cover provided by Travelers, with the option to add cover for your dependents, at your expense through payroll deduction.
- Retirement: Travelers will make a basic contribution of 9% of pensionable salary to your Group Personal Pension Plan (“GPPP”). If you decide to contribute an additional amount from your salary, you will receive an increased company contribution up to a maximum of 3%. This would bring the total company contribution to 12%.
- Holiday Entitlement: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 25 days holiday entitlement annually, plus the opportunity to purchase additional days to allow for up to a total of 35 holidays per year.
- Wellness Programme: The Travelers wellness programme is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Employee Assistance programme provides access to professional counseling services and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through the EAP, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards programme that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.