Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
What Is the Opportunity?
We are recruiting for an Associate Claim Professional to join our team based in Manchester or London.
We are looking for someone with some experience in a similar role who has experience in Financial Lines. Your skills will be developed to deal with claims for losses of lower value and complexity, however, a legal qualification is required. Under close supervision, provides excellent claim handling services in areas of investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and resolution of assigned claims in accordance with the Company’s policies.
Travelers Europe currently offers flexibility to employees who wish to work on a hybrid basis in accordance with our Hybrid Work Arrangements Policy. This entails full time employees working three days a week in the office and two days at home (or pro rata for part-time employees). This policy may be changed at the Company’s discretion.
This role is eligible for a £3000 new joiner bonus. If you are successfully referred by an employee at Travelers Europe, both you and the person who referred you could be eligible for this bonus.
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised – these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making Travelers Europe a great place to work.
To be successful, you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
What Will You Do?
- In accordance with Company guidelines and best practices:
- Analyses and applies policy coverage accurately to all assigned claims.
- Investigates assigned claims.
- Negotiates and settles claims proactively and reserves claims accurately, delivering a consistent quality service.
- Instructs, liaises with and manages external vendors and monitors the quality and cost of their services, ensuring required technical and company service standards are met.
- Authorises claim payments and reserves within agreed claims handling authority.
- Maintains data accuracy.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships both externally and internally.
- Works as a team member providing such support as required by other members of the team and fully participates in individual and shared project work.
- Openly communicates knowledge of his/her actions with manager and colleagues in order to consider and better understand the impact on other technical, operational, sales and financial disciplines
- Proactively participates in training and other learning and development activities to maintain and enhance technical knowledge and other skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Some prior insurance claims or underwriting or legal work related activity experience preferred (e.g. paralegal, solicitor, trainee barrister or similar)
- Possess and demonstrate a level of general technical knowledge and other skills sufficient to handle assigned caseload of claims within designated handling authority.
- Possesses a basic or more preferably an intermediate knowledge of UK legal system, some practical experience of litigation and /or coverage work in an insurance or legal environment.
- Is capable of handling claims competently in line with required technical standards, best practices and service level standards.
- Has good communication skills. Must be articulate and capable and confident to talk directly to internal stakeholders and Insureds on professional lines matters.
- Intermediate business perspective.
- Intermediate ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Intermediate openness to influence, flexibility.
- Demonstrates intermediate accountability and credibility.
- Intermediate ability to think analytically and strategically.
- Advanced customer focus is a key and important requirement
- Intermediate ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making.
- Intermediate ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Law degree or licensed solicitor or equivalent in a competent jurisdiction.
What is a Must Have?
- A legal qualification or equivalent.
What Is in It for You?
- Private Medical Insurance: On commencement of employment, you are eligible for single cover provided by Travelers, with the option to add cover for your dependents, at your expense through payroll deduction.
- Retirement: Travelers will make a basic contribution of 9% of pensionable salary to your Group Personal Pension Plan (“GPPP”). If you decide to contribute an additional amount from your salary, you will receive an increased company contribution up to a maximum of 3%. This would bring the total company contribution to 12%.
- Holiday Entitlement: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 25 days holiday entitlement annually, plus the opportunity to purchase additional days to allow for up to a total of 35 holidays per year.
- Wellness Programme: The Travelers wellness programme is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Employee Assistance programme provides access to professional counseling services and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through the EAP, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards programme that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.