Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
1What Is the Opportunity?
We are recruiting for an Claims Operations Professional to join our team based in our Redhill office. This is an ideal role for someone looking to enhance their Claims experience.
Travelers Europe currently offers flexibility to employees who wish to work on a hybrid basis in accordance with our Hybrid Work Arrangements Policy. This entails full time employees working three days a week in the office and two days at home (or pro rata for part-time employees). This policy may be changed at the Company’s discretion.
This role is eligible for a £2000 new joiner bonus. If you are successfully referred by an employee at Travelers Europe, both you and the person who referred you could be eligible for this bonus.
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised – these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making Travelers Europe a great place to work.
To be successful, you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
What Will You Do?
- Carries out technical support and some basic claim handling functions ( invoice approval, minor claim adjudication, activities which do not require certification, vendor activity co-ordination).
- Assist with MI and Analytics, financial control, assessment, monitoring and validation, in accordance with team best practice.
- Provides functional resiliency by supporting multiple locations across Claim Europe.
- Achieves or surpasses service expectations of internal and external customers as determined by the business.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, business partners, customers, agents and others to achieve organisational goals and create better outcomes.
- Assists with the training and mentoring of Associate Operations Professionals.
- Openly communicates knowledge of actions with manager and colleagues in order to consider and better understand the impact on other technical, operational, sales and financial disciplines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Working knowledge of I90, Openbox+ and Lloyd's claims systems is preferred. Other Claims or Insurance management systems experience will be considered.
- Experience in change management and process engineering preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of high attention to detail.
- Intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Intermediate results driven orientation and acts as a a champion for change.
- Intermediate communication skills, able to influence key stakeholders at all levels.
- Intermediate ability to maximize individual performance through both personal action and as a team output..
- Intermediate ability to work independently, demonstrating self-motivation and and able to work as part of a team.
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills.
- As appropriate to location;
- Ireland - achieves the Minimum Competency Requirements of the Insurance Institute of Ireland.
- UK - willingness to commence or continue Chartered Insurance Institute studies.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum GCSE level or equivalent educational standard or relevant experience in a claims or claims support role.
- Experience within a general insurance claims department or in a general insurance role required.
- Experience of data entry processes required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint required.
What Is in It for You?
- Private Medical Insurance: On commencement of employment, you are eligible for single cover provided by Travelers, with the option to add cover for your dependents, at your expense through payroll deduction.
- Retirement: Travelers will make a basic contribution of 9% of pensionable salary to your Group Personal Pension Plan (“GPPP”). If you decide to contribute an additional amount from your salary, you will receive an increased company contribution up to a maximum of 3%. This would bring the total company contribution to 12%.
- Holiday Entitlement: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 25 days holiday entitlement annually, plus the opportunity to purchase additional days to allow for up to a total of 35 holidays per year.
- Wellness Programme: The Travelers wellness programme is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Employee Assistance programme provides access to professional counseling services and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through the EAP, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards programme that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.