Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
What Is the Opportunity?
At Travelers, we work to ensure our customers are covered when it matters most. To provide the best coverage possible, our Enterprise Catastrophe Risk Management team assesses the risk of financial loss due to natural and manmade catastrophes and risk reward analytics. As the Reporting Analyst, Catastrophe (CAT) Risk, you will contribute within assigned team and on assigned projects, while developing your risk and insurance industry knowledge and building professional relationships across the enterprise.
This is a great entry point into a career within CAT Risk where you will be start by supporting our regular portfolio analysis across both Natural and Non-Natural perils and learning from a highly experienced team.
Travelers Europe currently offers flexibility to employees who wish to work on a hybrid basis in accordance with our Hybrid Work Arrangements Policy. This entails full time employees working three days a week in the office and two days at home (or pro rata for part-time employees). This policy may be changed at the Company’s discretion.
This role is eligible for a £3000 new joiner bonus. If you are successfully referred by an employee at Travelers Europe, both you and the person who referred you could be eligible for this bonus.
What Will You Do?
- Support catastrophe risk evaluation focused in one or more of the following: CAT model framework, monitoring aggregation profiles, development of catastrophe view of risk, and/or performing risk reward analysis.
- Compile business and market results, identify trends, and formulate hypotheses for potential future research and analysis.
- Support a project(s) involved in one or more of the following: CAT underwriting strategy, development of hazard maps, and/or metric standards including data quality, data feed attributes, concentration metrics, and profitability ratios.
- Maintain awareness of Data Repository & CAT Ecosystem for metrics, reports, and exposure data.
- May support CAT Event Response coordination across the enterprise, producing impacted exposure summaries for major events, and providing guidance to executive, claim, reserving and analytical teams. May also participate on post event reviews for catastrophe perils.
- Refresh basic analytical analyses to understand issues, identify cause/effect relationships and may identify and create process efficiencies within assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised – these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making Travelers Europe a great place to work.
To be successful, you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Previous relevant analytics experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft suite, SQL, geospatial, statistical packages or other programs used to retrieve and analyze data.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Catastrophe Risk Modelling components including model output and metrics.
- Ability to proactively manage time and prioritize multiple claims simultaneously.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to pay attention to detail and effectively covey information to peers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business, or a related field.
What Is in It for You?
- Private Medical Insurance: On commencement of employment, you are eligible for single cover provided by Travelers, with the option to add cover for your dependents, at your expense through payroll deduction.
- Retirement: Travelers will make a basic contribution of 9% of pensionable salary to your Group Personal Pension Plan (“GPPP”). If you decide to contribute an additional amount from your salary, you will receive an increased company contribution up to a maximum of 3%. This would bring the total company contribution to 12%.
- Holiday Entitlement: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 25 days holiday entitlement annually, plus the opportunity to purchase additional days to allow for up to a total of 35 holidays per year.
- Wellness Programme: The Travelers wellness programme is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Employee Assistance programme provides access to professional counseling services and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through the EAP, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards programme that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.