35238 | Audit | Professional | Non-Executive | Allianz UK | Full-Time | Permanent
Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, a Disability Confident employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion members, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We recognise the strength of neurodiversity in the workplace, and the far-reaching benefits of embracing a spectrum of thinking styles and innovative capabilities. We proudly welcome applications from neurodivergent and disabled candidates, and can offer tailored adjustments to remove barriers and set you up for success in your career.
At Allianz, we encourage our people to advocate for what they need, we listen, and we act – this could include providing assistive technology, ergonomic specialist equipment, mentoring and coaching, or flexibility in the way you work, among a wide range of other adjustments.
This is an exciting time to join a high-performing Internal Audit team that is part of a Global audit community. As we continue to evolve our team, we are looking for an individual who can deliver high-quality assurance work and support the ongoing development of Internal Audit. You will collaborate with colleagues on an internal audit portfolio as well as developing and implementing activities to enhance the effectiveness of the Internal Audit function.
Success in the role is driven by your ability to engage inquisitively with colleagues and business stakeholders to perform risk-based audits that deliver on our objective of having meaningful impact to the business. You will foster our culture of real-time coaching and collaboration amongst and across the team.
As an Internal Auditor, you will work in a team and to support the delivery of high-quality assurance work in line with our internal audit methodology. Your focus will be on business, finance and transformation reviews across Allianz UK.
You may have previous experience in internal audit, a similar assurance role in the 2nd line, or within a business area, with an interest in growing your career with internal audit in the insurance industry. The role provides an opportunity for learning and development, with support and coaching available to enable you to confidently complete audits end to end in the future.
- Contribute towards audit planning, delivering audit fieldwork, which may include use of data analytics, contribute to drafting and finalising audit outcomes and reports, and following up on recommendations.
- Work with your audit team to agree objectives and timelines for each audit and regularly monitoring progress.
- Prepare audit files, supporting working papers and draft and final reports within agreed timescales and quality standards with Internal Audit Management.
- Work with your audit team to deliver and communicate audit results and develop practical recommendations that address root causes and mitigate risks.
- Contribute to the development, innovation and growth of our internal audit strategy and support on functional development activities.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in internal audit, 2nd line assurance or business operations and awareness of existing and emerging risks and regulations.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to deliver audits and non-audit activities.
- Completed or working towards a professional qualification in internal audit, accountancy or another relevant discipline.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Confidence to liaise with and influence staff and management at all levels.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and a working knowledge or awareness of data analytics.
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Hybrid working.
- Annual performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Development days
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- Retail discounts
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Join us - Let’s Care for Tomorrow.