35239 | Audit | Management | Non-Executive | Allianz UK | Full-Time | Permanent
Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, a Disability Confident employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion members, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We recognise the strength of neurodiversity in the workplace, and the far-reaching benefits of embracing a spectrum of thinking styles and innovative capabilities. We proudly welcome applications from neurodivergent and disabled candidates, and can offer tailored adjustments to remove barriers and set you up for success in your career.
At Allianz, we encourage our people to advocate for what they need, we listen, and we act – this could include providing assistive technology, ergonomic specialist equipment, mentoring and coaching, or flexibility in the way you work, among a wide range of other adjustments
This is an exciting time to join a high-performing Internal Audit team that is part of a Global audit community. We are looking for someone who can deliver high-quality assurance work and support the ongoing development of Internal Audit. You will collaborate with colleagues on an internal audit portfolio to enhance and maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of the Internal Audit function.
Success in the role is driven by your ability to actively engage inquisitively with colleagues and business stakeholders to perform risk-based audits that deliver on our objective of having meaningful impact and influence to the business, and foster our culture of real-time coaching and collaboration amongst and across the team.
As an Internal Audit Manager, you will be leading a team and supporting junior colleagues to deliver high quality assurance work in line with our internal audit methodology. You may also complete reviews in more complex or technical areas. Your focus will be on business, finance and transformation reviews across Allianz UK.
- Oversee and support junior colleagues to plan audits, deliver audit fieldwork, which may include use of data analytics, draft and final audit outcomes and reports, and follow up on recommendations.
- Facilitate and lead key Internal Audit management activities, including supporting the Head of Audit with people management and development, such as on the job coaching.
- Set and agree short term objectives and timelines for each assignment and regularly monitoring progress with your audit team.
- Prepare and review audit files, supporting working papers and draft and final reports within agreed timescales and quality standards with Head of Internal Audit.
- Work with your internal audit team to deliver and communicate audit results and develop practical recommendations that address root causes and mitigate risks.
- Contribute to the development, innovation and growth of our internal audit strategy and facilitate and lead on functional development activities.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience performing internal audits in line with UK and International professional standards and UK regulators' expectations.
- Extensive knowledge of UK financial services regulatory requirements for a general insurer.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to deliver audits and non-audit activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication, with a track record of building and managing stakeholder relationships.
- Professional qualification in internal audit, accountancy, or other relevant discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word, with a working knowledge or awareness of data analytics.
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Hybrid working.
- Annual performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Development days
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- Retail discounts
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Join us - Let’s Care for Tomorrow.