Job Reference: AP928246LonUC
Purpose of the role
AEGIS London currently have a vacancy in the Specialty team for a Cyber Underwriter to assist with the development of a new Cyber portfolio. You will be tasked with underwriting in accordance with the business plan and personal underwriting authorities. This is a unique opportunity for an underwriter to help develop a new portfolio of business situated in a high performing team within a highly successful Lloyds Syndicate.
Duties and accountabilities
- To underwrite business on behalf of the Syndicate in accordance with personal underwriting authority and the Syndicate’s underwriting procedures and class underwriting guidelines; achieving the business mix, planned premium income and ultimate loss ratios as contained within the agreed business plan
- To assist the Class Underwriter with establishing the required Cyber infrastructure (exposure management systems, analytical tools etc) and supporting the wider education and upskilling of associated departments (exposure management, claims etc)
- To share information and collaborate with peer reviewers to ensure risk records are complete and available for review in a timely manner
- To liaise with other departments as appropriate (credit control, claims, underwriting risk management etc)
- To ensure that the service provided to brokers and policyholders is of the highest standard
- To work as part of a collaborative team within AEGIS London and ensure good working relationships are maintained with all staff
Skills, knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Deep subject matter expertise and demonstrable expertise in Cyber risk and the Cyber insurance market
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Well developed presenting, analytical and negotiation skills
- A solid network in the London market
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the London and wider global Cyber market
- ACII qualification would be advantageous, or progress towards it
- Good IT skills including MS Office applications
- The ability to work as part of a team and build relationships with both internal and external contacts
Fairness and respect
We make decisions considering the best interests of key stakeholders. We are direct and straightforward in our actions, working collaboratively to create a culture of fairness and respect.
Open and inclusive
We act with integrity, valuing diversity of thought and background. We take time to listen to the needs of our customers, stakeholders and colleagues working together to seek and share information.
We have a passion for success, aspiring to be recognised as best in class. We embrace new opportunities, encouraging innovation in pursuit of our goals.
Striving to be better
We strive to improve at all times, challenging complacency, being agile and adapting to change. We always seek to improve our customers’ experience with us.
Investing in people’s potential
We provide an environment where each employee can reach their personal potential. We encourage personal accountability for performance and individual ownership for growth and success.
AEGIS London is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the value of a diverse workforce in facilitating better decision making and business growth. We encourage a variety of differing views, perspectives and insights to create a collaborative working environment. Diversity and Inclusion are fundamental to our business and we encourage applications from all backgrounds recognising the diversity of society and our customers.
It’s important to us that you are able to perform at your best when applying for a role with AEGIS London. If there are any adjustments we can reasonably make to ensure that the process is accessible for you please telephone us on +44(0)20 7856 7856 or email email@example.com.
As a business, we understand individual circumstances may differ and aim to be adaptable and to support flexible working practices. Talk to our recruitment team to understand how AEGIS London can help support you in reaching your full potential.