Job Reference: 230000RJ
If working with one of the largest commercial insurers in the world appeals, then we would love to hear from you!
This role sits within the Multinational Services team, reporting directly to the Multinational Services Manager.
This team sits within the Reinsurance and Run-Off Services department and overall, the role reports to the Head of Reinsurance and Run-off Services.
Role will require time to be split between the Maidstone office, London office and working from home
The main purpose of this role is to handle key reinsurance accounts for Chubb’s offices across Europe, this includes but not limited to:
- Working within a small team responsible for FAC, Sub Deductibles and co-reinsurance contracts for CEG, liaising with underwriters, MSU, PSU, Intercompany Credit Control and local, in-country staff.
- Registering Contracts within the Sapiens Ceded Reinsurance System for activation
- Providing analytical support for Multinational Services Manager.
Support in contract set up, premium registration and claims and recoveries within Multinational:
- Review of RI Slips, Premium Allocation and Cover Notes issued by brokers and Reinsurers.
- Support with booking contracts and registering premiums for Intercompany and Co-Reinsurance.
- Provide assistance to Multinational Services Manager to follow-up with underwriters and brokers to ensure timely registration of reinsurance arrangements based on pro-active review of expiring policies and awareness of new arrangements.
- Support with managing bordereau to share with Producing Office to record recoveries.
- Gather documentation for Co-Reinsurance claims and liaise with Claims team to ensure shareable.
Multinational Credit Control of Reinsurance Recoveries and associated premium payables:
- Settlement of RI Premiums with major trading partners in line with contracts / procedures.
- Support RI Recoveries collection for assigned accounts – e.g., target >90% in 90 days.
- Support with resolving internal issues to ensure targets are met.
Provide analytical support for Multinational Services Manager across all Multinational balances and Co-Reinsurance accounts:
- Support review of Non-BAU / legacy balances, identifying key issues of concern & develop actions to resolve.
- Support monitoring of low value balances & develop action plans to clear.
- Support with challenging existing procedures / controls – proposing solutions.
- Assist with implementing and documenting new processes in the UK, CE or program specific as necessary / required.
Regularly review and maintain business processes used and develop efficiencies where possible
- Maintain operating efficiencies and report and develop old or new processes where possible with IT or within operation.
- Assist in development of new systems and enhancements.
Manage internal governance and SOX controls to ensure maintained and executed in a timely manner.
Assist with internal and external audits, maintaining thorough records, providing relevant documentation, and responding to queries in a timely manner.
Requirements & Experience:
- Educated to at least “A” level standard or through appropriate experience in Insurance/Reinsurance with a Company of Lloyd’s Syndicate.
- Some experience in the reinsurance / credit control environment would be beneficial.
- Some Insurance Knowledge and Reinsurance Knowledge would be beneficial.
- Good Customer Service Skills and Communication Skills
- Proficiency in regulatory and Compliance and Systems and Programs
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
We offer in return!
- Competitive salary & pension scheme, annual bonus scheme, 25 days annual leave plus ability to purchase 5 additional days, Private Medical cover, Employee Share Purchase Plan, Life Assurance, Subsidised gym membership, Comprehensive Learning & development offerings.
- Employee resource groups, Networking, mentoring & development opportunities, 1 day annual Charitable leave, Cycle to work scheme, Active Sports & social committee, Employee Assistance program
Integrity. Client focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients. A business that’s engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that’s collaborative and supportive.
Diversity & Inclusion. At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.