Job Reference: 230000VW
If working with one of the largest commercial insurers in the world appeals, then we would love to hear from you!
The purpose of this roe is to provide support to the Reinsurance Technical Services Manager as an XOL SME responsible for the timely notice/billing of XOL reinsurance for CGM and CEG.
Developing with a small group of Facultative Reinsurance SME’s responsible for Facultative contract registrations into systems, the calculation of Facultative reinsurances, and working with internal/external stakeholders in the administration of Facultative reinsurance.
This role is expected to adhere to & operate the relevant control processes and adhere to departmental KPI’s.
- Timely and efficient processing of Reinsurance loss information to calculate reinsurance recoveries & issue debit notes on XOL contracts for CGM and CEG
- Team development (onshore and offshore)
- Ensure SLA’s are met and KPI’s are kept updated and reported to manager.
- Provide cross training of staff where possible to promote continuity and mitigate absences through holidays and sickness etc.
- Support team goals and objectives and continually monitor progress.
- Prepare packs to be sent to brokers/external reinsurers containing technical documents and supporting documentation.
- Work with Credit Control to ensure timely receipt of recoveries.
- Check and activate Reinsurance contracts for CEG and CGM.
- Manage internal governance and SOX controls to ensure maintained and executed in a timely manner.
- Regularly review and maintain business processes used and develop efficiencies where possible.
- Maintain operating efficiencies and report and develop old or new processes where possible with IT or within operation.
- Assist in development of new systems and transformation opportunities.
- Assist with internal and external audits, maintaining thorough records, providing relevant documentation, and responding to queries in a timely manner.
Requirements & Experience:
- Qualified by experience or educated to Graduate level
- Studying or completed Insurance qualification (e.g. CII)
- Solid understanding / experience of R/I contracts, with Managing Agent or Broker, ideally with XOL Reinsurance as a specialism. Good communication skills, well organised and able to set and follow up on task deadlines, self-motivated and able to work well in a small team.
- Self motivated & with some elements of leadership experience
- Good Level of knowledge across Insurance and Reinsurance
- Proficiency in Regulatory and Compliance
- Good Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
We offer in return!
- Competitive salary & pension scheme, annual bonus scheme, 25 days annual leave plus ability to purchase 5 additional days, Private Medical cover, Employee Share Purchase Plan, Life Assurance, Subsidised gym membership, Comprehensive Learning & development offerings.
- Employee resource groups, Networking, mentoring & development opportunities, 1 day annual Charitable leave, Cycle to work scheme, Active Sports & social committee, Employee Assistance program
Integrity. Client focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients. A business that’s engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that’s collaborative and supportive.
Diversity & Inclusion. At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.