Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture
The purpose of this role is to act as a voice of business and customer in the Agile data team, supporting change throughout the full development process from concept to delivery. You will provide the team with the strategy and direction. You will evaluate all opportunities and prioritise what gets built through a well-managed, prioritised product backlog and which requires the application of expertise in professional area(s) to achieve results. Work is primarily achieved by an individual or through agile teams, with emphasis on technical/discipline knowledge rather than managing people.
Your focus will be on embedding Data Governance within the new enterprise Transformation programme. Ensuring it features in all stages of the design and delivery; from initial data collection within new UIs to final business reports and dashboards, across the Claims, Underwriting, Sales and Operations workstreams, so a consistent approach is vital. You will collaborate closely with a diverse range of stakeholders (Business, Architecture, Change) to gather key input and feedback. You will regularly discuss the progress and plans with stakeholders. You will support and engage your dedicated team on the daily basis throughout the development lifecycle. Progression within the Career Band reflects increasing depth of professional knowledge, product ownership, project management and ability to influence others.
- Understand the Data Governance product / application you are the product owner for and be prepared to manage stakeholder’s understanding of its functionality.
- Good knowledge of one or more business domains, expected to apply and develop business knowledge within the role.
- Be prepared to regularly demonstrate Agile team’s progress with support from the team to ensure the business areas are aware of change and provide feedback ahead of releases.
- Collaborate closely with other Product Owners, Product Managers, Portfolio Managers and other relevant parties to drive cross-team changes. Planning
- Develop a vision, strategy and roadmap for your Data Governance product area to create alignment and transparency around team’s purpose and plans.
- Lead and engage the team in quarterly planning of the work. Work closely with the team to create high-level estimates and implementation plans. Product Backlog Maintenance
- Act as a voice of customer and business to define and prioritise work in the team’s backlog.
- Make sure the backlog is always visible, ordered and appropriately detailed.
- Actively lead backlog refinement activities to make sure top ordered items are well understood ahead of the start of implementation.
- Sequence work and prepare release plans through collaboration with team and stakeholders. Lead the team to deliver value continuously with small product increments. Champion delivery of Minimum Viable Products that can be improved over time.
- Maintain awareness of wider Portfolios to ensure the backlog accurately reflects the support of cross-team initiatives which may require additional support and priority. This will be achieved via close collaboration with Portfolio Managers and other Product Owners. Agile Team Engagement
- Actively engage your team in backlog refinement and user story writing. Make sure they understand the rationale and context for the development work.
- Bring your team close to the customers and users so they can keep them at the heart of the development process. Facilitate opportunities for the team to be exposed to customers’ and users’ feedback, needs and preferences.
- Be available to Scrum team to unblock their work by answering questions, finding answers and providing more context.
- Work with the team to get early feedback on the progress against forecasts and plan release dates.
- Work closely with a Scrum Master to find best processes for backlog management and agile planning, and to facilitate strong collaboration throughout the development lifecycle. Decision Making
- Approve all completed work, ensuring the quality of delivery and fit-for-purpose in line with agreed acceptance criteria.
- Take decisions on behalf of the business when the finished work will be released. · Take responsibility for day-to-day decisions in the Agile data team. Think clearly on your feet to give quick decisions to help the team pivot and change direction rapidly when required.
- Take responsibility to escalate deviations/blockers/dependencies within the domain to ensure company visions are met and delivery plans remain on track.
- Take responsibility for escalating and looking for resolutions of issues, blockers and dependencies to successfully deliver product objectives.
- Require a university degree or equivalent work experience that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts.
- Some technical understanding of current company system applications and business processes
- A basic understanding of Agile ways of working. Deeper understanding of Agile frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban is a plus.
- Educated to A level or higher, preferable ACII qualified or progression towards it including knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts.
- No previous Product Owner experience required but a good understanding of the role is expected as well as a willingness to learn.
- Previous experience working in insurance or financial services.
- Experience of working in Data Management or Data Governance is beneficial.
- Some business knowledge with a wider understanding of the business vision
- Experience of changing technology and processes is a plus.
- Experience of working with development teams is a plus.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Ability to establish mutual trust with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to influence and inspire others, and to challenge a status quo.
- Strong team player with the ability to collaborate with and motivate a cross-functional delivery team.
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver.
- Not afraid to take a risk-based approach to decision making.
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you.
We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Hybrid working.
- Annual performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Development days
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it.
Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building on inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations, Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, a Disability Confident employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion members, signatories of Business in the Community's Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We recognise the strength of neurodiversity in the workplace, and the far-reaching benefits of embracing a spectrum of thinking styles and innovative capabilities. We proudly welcome applications from neurodivergent and disabled candidates, and can offer tailored adjustments to remove barriers and set you up for success in your career.
At Allianz, we encourage our people to advocate for what they need, we listen, and we act – this could include providing assistive technology, ergonomic specialist equipment, mentoring and coaching, or flexibility in the way you work, among a wide range other adjustments.
Join us - Let’s Care for Tomorrow.
35639 | Operations | Professional | Non-Executive | Allianz UK | Full-Time | Permanent