Location: Guildford (hybrid)
Salary: Dep on exp + benefits
Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.
In 2020 LV GI purchased Fairmead insurance which subsequently became part of the Allianz Group. Fairmead is now at the tail end of the run off of its home policy book with pet and ASU policies having already fully run off.
Given Fairmead is largely in run off and is intending to undergo a Part VII transfer of all existing liabilities in mid 2025, there is a need for the Company to continue all statutory and regulatory filings until the Part VII has been completed. As a result, we are recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join the team on a 12 month secondment to support the Fairmead Senior Financial Reporting Manager and Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
- Completion of all monthly and quarterly journal postings
- Reconciliation of the monthly, quarterly trial balance
- Initiating and reconciliation of payments
- Maintaining spreadsheets and backing calculations to support journals and trial balances
- Maintaining and operating financial controls
- Nearly or recently qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience in a Financial Accounting role within a Finance function
- Good knowledge of journals, double entry and financial accounting systems
- Good excel experience, likes detailed spreadsheets & formulas
- Experience in dealing with auditor queries and requests
- Personal lines general insurance beneficial
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- Annual bonus scheme (eligibility rules apply)
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life cover
- Group Income Protection
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Flexible working arrangements
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- Retail discounts
Our ways of working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.
Join us - Let’s Care for Tomorrow