Job Reference: 230000P4
Experienced Underwriter required to form a key part of Chubb's UK Financial Institutions Team. The successful candidate will form part of the underwriting team that has responsibility across both the syndicate and company platform for growth of the Portfolio with key Brokers and Clients, whilst maintaining and developing a portfolio of existing accounts.
- Financial Goals. To underwrite new and renewal business according to defined underwriting guidelines, specified budget and local business plan.
- Portfolio Integrity. To assist in formulating underwriting strategy, forecasts and portfolio management in order to achieve underwriting profitability. To ensure quality control within the portfolio by assisting in quantitative underwriting reviews and participating in regular team meetings and peer review.
- Product Development. To assist in the development of products within the business class thus aiding client retention and development of new business. This may involve collaborating with peers within and across business lines.
- Producer Management. To represent and promote Chubb corporately to brokers, internal and external clients. This may involve servicing key producers and clients, monitoring business acquisition and retention as well as maximising cross-selling opportunities.
- Procedures. To meet company standards in respect of policy documentation, timeframe for quoting new and renewal business and compliance issues.
- Operational Management. To manage junior colleagues providing mentoring, training and coaching where appropriate. In so doing, assisting management in the maintenance of a high-quality underwriting team.
- Chubb Representative. To represent and promote Chubb including contact with internal colleagues and external clients and brokers.
- Experience of Financial Institutions underwriting, as well as dealing directly with clients on complex matters.
- Possesses a good market reputation as a technical expert and is proactive in identifying opportunities and taking initiatives to support our business goals.
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing and negotiation skills both written and verbally. Ability to build solid business relationships with brokers and customers and demonstrate general analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Solid experience of dealing with brokers and clients.
- ACII preferred