To support us on our collective journey to success we require a Senior Syndicate Reporting Accountant to join our Syndicate Reporting Team.
This is a great opportunity to develop a strong understanding of the financial processes and accounting undertaken in a Syndicate Finance department.
What you’ll do:
- Report and Accounts for the Apollo managed syndicates to include project management of inputs from all stakeholders including the Board.
- Production and organisation of technical accounting papers.
- Preparation of Board and Committee papers relating to accounting matters.
- Management of the syndicate reporting timetable including coordination across the business and monitoring all significant handoffs between teams.
- First point of contact for the external audit of the syndicates, coordinating between auditors and the business to ensure the smooth running of the audit and tracking of deliverables and issues.
- Assist in the review of regulatory reporting including Solvency II.
- Support Group and Strategic Partner Syndicates with technical accounting matters.
- Analysis of financial systems and processes, to identify areas of continual improvement. Assisting with scoping and delivery of improvements.
- Embed new financial systems and establish process documentation.
What we are looking for:
- Insurance Technical Accounting knowledge and experience is essential.
- General ledger applications and database querying tool skills
- Deadline focused with good organisational and time management skills.
- Comfortable communicating with directors and senior management.
- Conscientious, with a positive work ethic and an enquiring mind
- Qualified, ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Solvency II reporting would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience of using Sun general ledger and Q&A would be advantageous.