Job Reference: 222
Are you an ambitious Underwriter specialising in Casualty? If so, we would love to hear from you!
An expert Senior Casualty Underwriter is required to form a key part of Chubb's National Underwriting Centre Property & Casualty Underwriting Team.
Working closely with brokers and clients you will have responsibility for the development and growth of a portfolio consisting of indigenous, multinational, primary and excess accounts.
- Financial Goals: To underwrite new and renewal business according to defined underwriting guidelines, specified budget and local business plan.
- Portfolio Integrity: To assist in formulating underwriting strategy, forecasts and portfolio management in order to achieve underwriting profitability. To ensure quality control within defined area of responsibility by undertaking quantitative underwriting reviews and peer reviews.
- Producer Management: To represent and promote Chubb corporately to brokers, internal and external clients. This may involve servicing key producers and clients, monitoring business retention and development as well as maximising cross-selling opportunities.
- Procedures: To meet company standards in respect of policy documentation, timeframe for quoting renewal business and Mid-term amendments.
- Operational Management: To take technical underwriting referrals from colleagues and broker submissions. To mentor junior colleagues via the peer review process as well as providing training and coaching where appropriate. In so doing, ensuring a high quality underwriting team. To prioritize to meet business objectives.
- Engage and contribute positively to improved efficiencies, processes and product enhancements.
- Engaging with the UK&I casualty team beyond the NUC to ensure a culture of collaboration
- An experienced professional who is recognised externally for their considerable market experience.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of legal liability and casualty underwriting and continues to develop technical knowledge & skills.
- Experience of underwriting multinational programmes is preferred.
- Significant experience of the Insurance market and competitors, and of dealing with brokers and clients.
- Possesses broader business skills – communication, organisation, IT, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Results driven with the ability to make own decisions and work on own initiative.
- Experience of leadership, training, mentoring and people development
- ACII & IOSH/Nebosh qualifications are preferred but not essential.