Job Reference: 1365
If working with one of the largest commercial insurers in the world appeals, then we would love to hear from you!
This role sits within the Expense Reporting & Analysis Team, based in Glasgow and would suit an ambitious and analytically minded individual with a degree in a relevant Finance or Accounting discipline.
This particular role is responsible for managing the allocation of costs originating in the EMEA region to the underlying legal entities and underwriting businesses within agreed timelines, ensuring consistency and accuracy. Reporting and analysis of the overall EMEA region expense base is also a key part of this.
The Expense Management team is responsible for analysis of operating expenses and management of the expense base, specifically to provide analytical and strategic support to the European Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Financial Controller and CFO in relation to the expenses across Europe.
- Ownership of expense allocation processes, working closely with BI teams to ensure all processes are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Pro-actively identify and resolve issues within the expense allocation process, and identify potential improvements and system enhancements.
- Work closely with Divisional Finance Officers to ensure methods for allocation of expenses are complete, accurate, consistent and documented.
- Work with internal and external auditors on all areas of expense management, with a focus on allocated expenses.
- Deliver reports and reviews to assist the Expense Controller in delivering robust Expense reporting across actuals, plan and forecast.
- Prepare monthly reports on spend by category, showing how categories are comparing to prior trends and driving insights for Expense managers.
- Prepare monthly reports on spend by legal entity, showing how expenses develop and building trend analysis.
- Assist on reporting and report development as required.
- Drive continuous improvement working across Finance Operations to resolve issues following root cause analysis. understanding.
.Requirements & Experience:
- Qualified/part-qualified accountant or qualified by experience.
- Finance Analyst or experience in an Accounting role where reporting and analysis is key.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, and experience of manipulating and summarising large data sets.
- Fluent written and spoken English, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
We offer in return!
- Competitive salary & pension scheme, annual bonus scheme, 25 days annual leave plus ability to purchase 5 additional days, Private Medical cover, Employee Share Purchase Plan, Life Assurance, Subsidised gym membership, Comprehensive Learning & development offerings.
- Employee resource groups, Networking, mentoring & development opportunities, 1 day annual Charitable leave, Cycle to work scheme, Active Sports & social committee, Employee Assistance program
Integrity. Client focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients. A business that’s engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that’s collaborative and supportive.
Diversity & Inclusion. At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.