Underwriting Operations Analyst – Marine, Energy and Aerospace
Do you want to make a difference with a leading insurer and develop your skills at the same time? If so, apply now for our fantastic entry level / 2nd job position as an Underwriting Operations Analyst within AXA XL's Middle Office team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is early within their career or potentially a returner to the work.
This role is a hybrid role combining time in our newly refurbished London office as well as remotely under our Smart Working initiative.
Joining AXA XL as an Underwriting Operations Analyst is a great foundation step to launch your career within insurance. Whether you are looking to take your first step on the ladder or have some basic Insurance experience and are ready to take the next step up, we have plenty of support available to help you take that next step. Starting your career can be a daunting adventure, at AXA XL we have industry experts and a market leading Underwriting Academy to support you on that learning journey.
DISCOVER your opportunity
The primary role of our Middle Office Operations team is to ensure that the administrative processes for the end-to-end policy lifecycle are run efficiently and at a high quality to serve internal and external clients. Within this role you will primarily support the Marine, Energy and Aerospace Underwriting business units.
In addition to business as usual, the team support the design and delivery of strategic change initiatives affecting our business.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
· Manage the end-to-end Operational processes
· Liaise with Data Entry and Credit teams and Underwriters on a daily basis
· Monitor Data Quality and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
· Investigate Queries with an analytical mind
· Completing or supporting the completion of regulatory reporting e.g., FIC/SOX
· Supporting and driving simplification and standardisation
· Ad Hoc and project tasks as assigned by your line manager
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel
- Sound mathematical skills with the ability to analyse complex data and statistics
- Creative thinker, curious and ready to challenge the status quo
· Effective communicator
· Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
· Proactive organisational skill and ability to plan and prioritise work with an enthusiasm to deliver change, using their own initiative and keeping one step ahead
· Beneficial: experience using Microsoft (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams) and system data entry experience and processes
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a comprehensive and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Inclusion & Diversity
AXA XL is committed to equal employment opportunity and will consider applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity and origins, marital status, religion, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, and create an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity and origins, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn more at axaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity. AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AXA XL, Sustainability is integral to our business strategy. In an ever-changing world, AXA XL protects what matters most for our clients and communities. We know that sustainability is at the root of a more resilient future. Our 2023-26 Sustainability strategy, called “Roots of resilience”, focuses on protecting natural ecosystems, addressing climate change, and embedding sustainable practices across our operations.
- Valuing nature: How we impact nature affects how nature impacts us. Resilient ecosystems - the foundation of a sustainable planet and society – are essential to our future. We’re committed to protecting and restoring nature – from mangrove forests to the bees in our backyard – by increasing biodiversity awareness and inspiring clients and colleagues to put nature at the heart of their plans.
- Addressing climate change: The effects of a changing climate are far reaching and significant. Unpredictable weather, increasing temperatures, and rising sea levels cause both social inequalities and environmental disruption. We're building a net zero strategy, developing insurance products and services, and mobilizing to advance thought leadership and investment in societal-led solutions.
- Integrating ESG: All companies have a role to play in building a more resilient future. Incorporating ESG considerations into our internal processes and practices builds resilience from the roots of our business. We’re training our colleagues, engaging our external partners, and evolving our sustainability governance and reporting.
- AXA Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as AXA XL’s “Hearts in Action” programs. These include our Matching Gifts program, Volunteering Leave, and our annual volunteering day – the Global Day of Giving.
For more information, please see axaxl.com/sustainability