At AXA XL we solve today’s complex risks to drive tomorrow’s innovation. We see our careers with AXA XL as a chance to unleash our potential globally. Cultivate expertise. Collaborate constantly.Analyse deeper. Dream bigger.
Joining AXA XL as an Operations Analyst is a great foundation step to launch your career within insurance. Whether you have some basic Insurance experience and are ready to take the next step up, want to change your direction within Insurance or are looking for your first step on the ladder we have plenty of support available to help you take that next step. Starting your career can be a daunting adventure, at AXA XL we have industry experts and a market leading Underwriting Academy to support you on that learning journey.
The Middle Office Operations team are responsible for ensuring that operational tasks undertaken by Shared Services / Global Operations are managed appropriately, provide support to Underwriting and ensure that the administrative processes for the end-to-end policy lifecycle are run efficiently and at a high quality to serve internal and external clients. Within this role you will primarily be responsible for supporting the Life, Accident & Health and Equine, Livestock and Aquaculture Underwriting business units.
The teams support the design and delivery of strategic change initiatives affecting the Underwriting business. Example projects include the operational design strategy for Brexit, the design and execution of an offshore service centre move between countries and supporting the data and system workstreams for a new legal entity creation.
You will be based in our refurbished London office, however, we are excited to have implemented our Smart Working initiative offering a hybrid way of working, combining both remote and office working.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
· Manage the end-to-end Operation processes
· Liaise with Enterprise Shared Services teams and Underwriters on a daily basis
· Monitoring Data Quality and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
· Investigating Queries and having an analytical mind
· Ensure working within company guidelines
· Managing Processes/Service Level Agreements
· Completing or supporting the completion of regulatory reporting e.g., FIC/SOX
· Supporting and driving simplification and standardisation
· Ad Hoc and project tasks as assigned by your line manager
You will report to an Operations Manager.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
· Computer literate – experience using Microsoft Outlook, Excel (including formulas & pivots), Word, PowerPoint, Teams would be advantageous
- Experience of being a proactive individual with an enthusiasm to deliver change
- Effective and professional communicator with proven experience in stakeholder management
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent proactive organisational skills and ability to plan and prioritise their own work
· Sound mathematical skills with the ability to analyse complex data and statistics
· Creative thinker, curious and ready to challenge the status quo
· An appetite for achievement and building a career within the insurance market
· Microsoft Excel LOOKUPS & IF formulas
- Previous insurance experience from an administration or operational support perspective
· Experience of the London and/or Lloyd’s Market
- System data entry experience and process experience
· Previous project related experience
· Knowledge of Underwriting processes
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a comprehensive and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Inclusion & Diversity
AXA XL is committed to equal employment opportunity and will consider applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity and origins, marital status, religion, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, and create an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity and origins, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn more at axaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity. AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AXA XL, Sustainability is integral to our business strategy. In an ever-changing world, AXA XL protects what matters most for our clients and communities. We know that sustainability is at the root of a more resilient future. Our 2023-26 Sustainability strategy, called “Roots of resilience”, focuses on protecting natural ecosystems, addressing climate change, and embedding sustainable practices across our operations.
- Valuing nature:How we impact nature affects how nature impacts us. Resilient ecosystems - the foundation of a sustainable planet and society – are essential to our future. We’re committed to protecting and restoring nature – from mangrove forests to the bees in our backyard – by increasing biodiversity awareness and inspiring clients and colleagues to put nature at the heart of their plans.
- Addressing climate change:The effects of a changing climate are far reaching and significant. Unpredictable weather, increasing temperatures, and rising sea levels cause both social inequalities and environmental disruption. We're building a net zero strategy, developing insurance products and services, and mobilizing to advance thought leadership and investment in societal-led solutions.
- Integrating ESG:All companies have a role to play in building a more resilient future. Incorporating ESG considerations into our internal processes and practices builds resilience from the roots of our business. We’re training our colleagues, engaging our external partners, and evolving our sustainability governance and reporting.
- AXA Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as AXA XL’s “Hearts in Action” programs. These include our Matching Gifts program, Volunteering Leave, and our annual volunteering day – the Global Day of Giving.
For more information, please see axaxl.com/sustainability